Royal Clipper out of Venice Sept 19, 2007

seasonticket

Hi We will be sailing with you on Sept 19. We have been on the Star Clipper 3 times in the Carib. and loved it. This will be our first time on the Royal. I really liked the itinerary and the date was good for us. We're hoping it won't be terribly hot. This board is not very active but maybe we can get some info from others who have sailed on it.

Hi kptbylorraine. Nice to hear from someone we'll be sailing with. My husband and I will be going with a group of 14 from our boating club who live between NYC to central Jersey. We have only been on the big cruise ships, never on something like this. Our travel agent has been on Royal 3 times and it sounds wonderful. We're leaving on the 17th to spend some time in Venice.

• 2 months later...
Hi We will be sailing with you on Sept 19. We have been on the Star Clipper 3 times in the Carib. and loved it. This will be our first time on the Royal. I really liked the itinerary and the date was good for us. We're hoping it won't be terribly hot. This board is not very active but maybe we can get some info from others who have sailed on it.

you will love the Royal almost as much as the Star Clipper, she is bigger and fabulous. I have sailed all three ships (16 times is my total), but the Star clipper was my first and my favorie...

• 3 weeks later...

We just got back on Sunday from a Venice to Rome cruise. We had lovely but somewhat cool weather the whole trip. Mostly high 70s/low 80s for the highs and a lot cooler at night. Hardly any rain. It has been very dry in much of this area and you probably have heard about all of the fires...mostly in Greece but also in Croatia and Italy too. Check the forecast, but I definitely would suggest some long pants and jackets or sweaters, shawls for ladies at night, etc. based on our experience. A lot of people only brought shorts.

Venice was just fabulous...other then the prices, I can't say enough great things about it. I already want to go back!

Sorry I wasn't clearer. I was only commenting on current weather there (trying to be helpful) but the cruise we were just on was on the Windsurf not the Star Clipper. We have been on this line before though and I still like to monitor the board. Didn't mean to confuse or mislead anyone. We did not use the pool or sports platform but some days were nice enough to lay in the sun on deck. It was really very pleasant weather for touring and I hear the water was warm from those who did take advantage.

Archived