Best beach with 3 ships in port

2PinaColadas

There will be 3 ships in port the day we arrive in Antigua. We are looking for a pretty beach that will not get too crowded. A place that has adult beverages and bathrooms are a must. Chair rentals would be nice, but not a deal breaker. My DH also likes to snorkel. Does this describe any of the Antigua beaches?

Definitely not Dickenson beach, it's very crowded. In addition to the hotel guests and people like us arriving in taxis, catamaran excursions were pulling up and dropping off even more people onto the beach.

We enjoyed Valley Church beach, there was just one row of chairs, lots of room to spread out. The water was gorgeous. I don't think there is any snorkeling, though.

• 1 month later...

From reading these boards, Valley Church Beach has been getting very crowded. With 3 ships in port I am worried it will be packed. So, we are looking into other possibilities.

What is the beach at Coconut's like? $50 for AI is very reasonable, especially if it is a pretty beach. Or would we be better off at Runaway, Dickensons, Hawksbill?? We are more confused now than ever.

VCB looks beautiful, but I really want to relax and get away from crowds and vendors. Is it still a good choice?

Thanks.

Rent a car and drive over to Half Moon Bay, the island's finest beach, but there are no facilities which is why it's usually empty. Or take a day pass at Curtain Bluff - two lovely beaches and pretty grounds. The cruise pack won't find you there.

VCB is nice, but nothing special, and as noted, now getting over run with cruisers.

Turners beach meets your criteria, it is a bit further on the same road as VC and far less crowded. Take the bus, if you are on a budget, drops you right at their driveway, and last time I was there, I waited under 5 minutes to catch one going back to town.

It is my favorite beach, and would be even more so with 3 ships in port.