Biggest Waste of Time on a Cruise Ship...

Wilda

For us it would be eating in the main dining room for breakfast or lunch. It takes forever to get through the meal. We have much better things to do with our time than wait to be served our food. We are grab-and-go kinds of people for those two meals and just consider them time wasters. We know some folks that want to be served every meal while on vacation and that's great...for them:)

What are your biggest time wasters?

For us it would be eating in the main dining room for breakfast or lunch. It takes forever to get through the meal. We have much better things to do with our time than wait to be served our food. We are grab-and-go kinds of people for those two meals and just consider them time wasters. We know some folks that want to be served every meal while on vacation and that's great...for them:)

As far as we're concerned there is no such a thing as "wastes of time" on a vacation or a ship.

Edited by bouhunter

Waiting in line at Guest Services. Waiting for the tender to fill up.

Add to your list - the " shopping program" held in the theatre. Hyper "game show host" pushing their $25 book of coupons. Never want you to examine either the book or "bonus" prize you get for buying.

Waiting for everyone to show up for the obligatory safety muster. It is the worst when it is hot and we are on an outside deck standing in tight, crowded lines. It was even worse when we had to wear the life vests.

Now at least we often can sit comfortably inside and not wear life vests. Still, I wish folks could show up in a more timely manner and not keep so many people waiting.

I know the muster is a vital part of the cruise experience. But I wish some folks would take it more seriously and arrive on time, so we can all get on with the fun parts of the cruise.

Nothing really bugs me on a cruise, but I am with the OP in that I would never in a million years do a sit down breakfast/lunch. On our 3 night cruises we eat in the WJ for dinner most nights. On longer cruises we do go to the diningroom for dinner, but food is probably the least important thing on a cruise for me, so not wasting a lot of time with it.

Waiting for everyone to show up for the obligatory safety muster. It is the worst when it is hot and we are on an outside deck standing in tight, crowded lines.

Agree. We had a muster drill on an outside deck in December in New Jersey...just brutal.

Waiting for your number to be called when getting off the ship at the end of the cruise, only to have guests with higher number tags getting off before they are supposed to and messing the whole debarkation system up. Not that there is a system, but it makes it worse.....:mad: I don't know why people just can't seem to follow rules.:rolleyes:

Gwen :)

We love to go to the MDR for lunch just for their salad bar! It's so much better than the one in the WJ.

Waiting for everyone to show up for the obligatory safety muster. It is the worst when it is hot and we are on an outside deck standing in tight, crowded lines. It was even worse when we had to wear the life vests.

Now at least we often can sit comfortably inside and not wear life vests. Still, I wish folks could show up in a more timely manner and not keep so many people waiting.

I know the muster is a vital part of the cruise experience. But I wish some folks would take it more seriously and arrive on time, so we can all get on with the fun parts of the cruise.

I so agree - everyone knows it's going to happen, just get your butt down there as soon as possible so that everyone can get on with their vacation!

Sent from my iPad using Forums