Electrical outlets on Uniworld boats

bbwex

I looked back on this board and looked in the brochure but could not find anything about power outlets on Uniworld's European boats. Can anyone fill in this blank?

Thanks

but you will need to use an adapter for your plug to fit the outlet. they typically use 2 round prongs. I believe they may be called northern european adapters that you need to use. they look something like this and you can find them at any travel store. you can also find them online for a couple bucks but I don't know what shipping would be.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTjE3PG3vtBgNwlRy1iJIWohoVgoQ_Iysc0WA1z8KyIFICsjZAk

I generally take a small, travel multi-plug extension, but does the 110 plug use normal U.S. plugs or the European plug? The one answer did confuse me a bit. I know the 240 plug will need to use an adaptor.

I generally take a small, travel multi-plug extension, but does the 110 plug use normal U.S. plugs or the European plug? The one answer did confuse me a bit. I know the 240 plug will need to use an adaptor.

Have you posted this question on Uniworld's site under the forums section? They have been most helpful with my questions.

My dual voltage grounded extension cord from Magellan Travel Supplies has normal US outlets, but can handle 240. I use an adapter to plug it into a European outlet.

Hotels in Italy use different grounded outlets from those in France, so you need different adapters. (Had to buy one in France.)

My newer toys do not use grounded plugs, but can use 240.

Extension cords or multi-outlets are good to use to recharge stuff in airports where all the outlets may be in use by others. Just have to remember to take it with you when you go to your next flight.

cb

bbwex - American plugs are verboten. You will need an adapter. As far as 110 or 220 voltage, lots of US electronic items can use either. Check on the device, sometimes it's listed otherwise check you device manual. if in doubt get yourself a converter (transformer) to use.

bbwex - American plugs are verboten. You will need an adapter. As far as 110 or 220 voltage, lots of US electronic items can use either. Check on the device, sometimes it's listed otherwise check you device manual. if in doubt get yourself a converter (transformer) to use.

I was on Uniworld River Princess earlier this month. The standard voltage was 220V for which a two-prong European adapter is required. However, each cabin also has one 110V outlet which takes a North American two or three prong plug. NO adaptor is needed for this outlet. I cannot be sure, but I believe that the other Uniworld European ships are similarly equipped.

If you check the Cruise Companion for your particular cruise on the Uniworld website you will find the precise information for your ship. Look under Stateroom Amenities.

Archived