Silversea newly redesigned website

WesW

Well…. Think I am over it. I like the new website…. Have figured out how to search and find it much simpler than the old website. Also it works much better on mobile devices.

Appreciate these good suggestions for the Silversea folks. You might be on to a major need/motivation in doing these changes. Mobile phones/devices are a growing use. Some people don't welcome change, but it does happen . . . whether we like it or not.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 86,773 views for this posting.

• 2 weeks later...

The new website gives prices only as "starting from" for each suite category. It appears that you have to request prices for different levels within a category. I would prefer the former website where suite prices are posted within each level.

Dan

The new website gives prices only as "starting from" for each suite category. It appears that you have to request prices for different levels within a category. I would prefer the former website where suite prices are posted within each level.

Dan

Agree, its a backward step and feedback has been provided by the cruise consultant on the Shadow on this point.

• 3 weeks later...

Why would someone like me, sitting here in bleak, cold, dreary New England weather, find a large black and white photo of the Med with the caption:

"Feel the joie de vivre of the French and Italian Rivieras. This is a region of epicurean delights and artistic masterpieces, of cultural paragons and giants of history. Sip French wines and wander Corsican markets; go scuba diving in warm Mediterranean waters and admire the works of Picasso"

in the least bit attractive?

It's black and white. It's cold. Like me. :(

Do not like the new website at all.

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like the website has had another update, at the bottom of the page it now adds a section on wfi packages (useful), but the enrichment page has now lost the items on the onboard entertainers and I can no longer find the section that trumpeted the new boutique managers.

Why would someone like me, sitting here in bleak, cold, dreary New England weather, find a large black and white photo of the Med with the caption:

"Feel the joie de vivre of the French and Italian Rivieras. This is a region of epicurean delights and artistic masterpieces, of cultural paragons and giants of history. Sip French wines and wander Corsican markets; go scuba diving in warm Mediterranean waters and admire the works of Picasso"

in the least bit attractive?

It's black and white. It's cold. Like me. :(

Do not like the new website at all.

Marketing. It was apparently thee one most people chose when they asked for input last fall. The other options, if I remember correctly, were less appealing.