Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "P - Z" > Royal Caribbean International

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Royal Caribbean International
- Read thousands of Royal Caribbean Cruise Reviews
- Compare the best Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
- Write a Royal Caribbean Cruise Review
- Find Your Royal Caribbean Roll Call
See posts about:
Adventure of the Seas
Enchantment of the Seas
Independence of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
Quantum of the Seas
Splendour of the Seas

Allure of the Seas
Explorer of the Seas
Jewel of the Seas
Mariner of the Seas
Radiance of the Seas
Vision of the Seas

Anthem of the Seas
Freedom of the Seas
Legend of the Seas
Navigator of the Seas
Rhapsody of the Seas
Voyager of the Seas

Brilliance of the Seas
Grandeur of the Seas
Liberty of the Seas
Oasis of the Seas
Serenade of the Seas

Old April 3rd, 2004, 01:08 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default mariner aft cabin

Any experience in an aft cabin on this ship? I'm concerned about vibration with the aft cabin that is available to me.

Old April 3rd, 2004, 07:42 PM
Cool Cruiser

We have done aft balconies on both the Mriner and Navigator and I think these are the best cabins afloat.

I love the view leaving the ports and looking at the wake all day.

Old April 3rd, 2004, 07:49 PM
Cool Cruiser

Kmbierwoth - Is privacy an issues on the aft balconies? I'm considering 7692 (it's the only aft cabin still available on my sailing)

Any help would be appreciated!
Di

Old April 4th, 2004, 09:05 AM
Cool Cruiser

Thanks for the reply. Actually my cabin would not be quite all the way aft but if you don't feel vibrtion where you are it must be OK.

Now that I have read of your entusiasim for a full aft cabin I will put it on the list for next time!

Old April 4th, 2004, 11:12 PM
Cool Cruiser

Sorry, but I must disagree about the aft cabins. We had 1688 (corner aft) on Mariner, and while the cabin was huge, there was noticeable vibration in this cabin. Privacy was also an issue on the aft balconies on decks 7, 8, and 9. We could look onto the outer third of these balconies. The inner two thirds was private, however. I know lots of folks who love these aft cabins, but we'll stick with our midship balconies from now on. Different strokes for different folks!

Ad Sponsored By
Old April 5th, 2004, 10:41 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

biilsgal - Please don't tell me that 1688 was noticeably vibrating! Was this just during docking, or all the time?

I agree about the privacy. We feel funny looking down on others as well. We have this stateroom booked because of the cost and size when we normally book a Cat. C. Did you have any privacy issues yourself while on the balcony?

Are you sailing on the Mariner 7/18/04?...Click here!
or HERE!

Disney Wonder 3/2000 ~ Disney Magic 9/2000 ~ RCI Vision 2/2001 ~ Carnival Victory 12/2001 ~ Celebrity Millennium 3/2003 ~ RCI Adventure OTS 9/2003 ~ RCI Mariner OTS 7/18/2004 ~ RCI Serenade OTS 9/26/2004

Old April 5th, 2004, 10:43 AM
Cool Cruiser

Lady_Di - we have 7692 booked for the 11/7 sailing. When are you planning on going?

Also, we have stayed in 7692 on the AOS and loved it (that's why we booked the same room on the upcoming MOS sailing), although the balcony IS NOT PRIVATE!!!

Mariner, here we come!

AOS 4/21/02 (awesome!)

Old April 5th, 2004, 02:39 PM
Cool Cruiser

family of 14 - I noticed the vibration whenever the ship was underway. I've never been bothered by the motion of the ship (even during very high seas on a transatlantic cruise), but the vibration was noticeable on the Mariner. As regards privacy on your balcony, you will have all the privacy you desire - the balcony is extremely private with a steel panel on one side, and a frosted glass panel on the other side. Please be aware that there is also a pole on the balcony which comes from above down to the balcony floor, and if you're not careful, you could be bumping your head. Also, there is a pole at the end of the bed, which my husband found annoying (it interferred with his TV watching from the prone position, LOL). This cabin is much larger than other D cabins, and very well laid out, so it is a good deal for a D category to get a C size stateroom. Enjoy!

Old April 5th, 2004, 09:15 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Thank you! I knew all about the stateroom and both poles. You are just the first person that has complained about the vibrations.

Are you sailing on the Mariner 7/18/04?...Click here!
or HERE!

Disney Wonder 3/2000 ~ Disney Magic 9/2000 ~ RCI Vision 2/2001 ~ Carnival Victory 12/2001 ~ Celebrity Millennium 3/2003 ~ RCI Adventure OTS 9/2003 ~ RCI Mariner OTS 7/18/2004 ~ RCI Serenade OTS 9/26/2004

Old April 5th, 2004, 09:35 PM
Cool Cruiser

I have stateroom 7692 on Ocober 31! I am going to do the onboard internet thing so I will try and post while I am there.

Old April 5th, 2004, 10:29 PM
Cool Cruiser

On our 7th cruise, we had corner aft cabin, 7388 on the Voyager in Nov. '03. Yes, there was vibration, more than the 'normal' vibration felt midship but honestly it didn't bother us at all. My kids, (their 4th cruise) were across the hall in an inside cabin and it didn't bother them either.

Our ship was behind schedule and it seemed the faster the ship went, the more vibration we got. At that point, it reminded me of being on a bus going over railroad tracks. When the ship went 'normal' speed, very little vibration was felt.

When we laid down to go to sleep, I thought the vibration was soothing. Although, I know it would have drove my mother NUTS. We were sooooo happy with those cabins that we rebooked the same thing on the Navigator for Nov. '04.

I would say if you're VERY sensitive to sound and motion the aft cabins may not be for you.

Old April 6th, 2004, 07:23 AM
Cool Cruiser

I assume this applies to all Voyager class ships? Will the vibration/motion be greater or less up higher? My daughter and I are booked in 9692 on VOS later this year. I am very sensative to noise at night..I can't even keep the ceiling fan on while I sleep. I'm starting to rethink the aft cabin decision. Any thoughts???

Dana

NCL Sea 4/99
NCL Star 11/01
NCL Sun 10/03
RCCL VOS 10/04