Indian Food On Carnival

Ms Belvedere

This question is for anyone who has eaten and enjoyed the Indian Food served on the Lido deck at lunch. Although we have eaten out a lot and have tried many different foods I am at a loss when it comes to the Indian food.

Being fairly open minded and willing to try just about anything, I've gone through that line on every Carnival cruise and haven't had any idea what to try and, most importantly, what those three sauces at the end are to be used on. I DO know that the one is hot enough to melt your face off. :o :eek: :o

I Know what Cous Cous is and also Falafel (sp?) and those soft breads are used to roll something inside like a wrap? Anyone who can shed some light on how to mix and match items so I don't miss something good please offer your suggestions and knowledge!

Thank you

I know that cous cous is a teeny, tiny pasta that's about 1/3 the size of a grain of rice and sort of a round shape. I don't know that it has any flavor, just sort of absorbs the flavor of whatever dish it's served with, like a pasta or rice.

Thanks Mama, Cous Cous is good and something I make at home too. It's a great side dish and very similar to rice.

They come in several sizes & shapes. They can be used to wrap whatever your getting inside of it, or also to push the food onto your utensil. Curry is probably the most common spice used. It can be made with chicken, meats, vegetables, or even fruit. Indian food has unusual combinations compared with everyday American food. You can have raisins & onions & cinnamon all in one main dish! Most of all, rember that you're on a cruise! You should try new things, but if you dont care for them.... NO BIG DEAL!!! Don't fret that you might do something wrong! Who cares? You're on vacation!

This question is for anyone who has eaten and enjoyed the Indian Food served on the Lido deck at lunch. Although we have eaten out a lot and have tried many different foods I am at a loss when it comes to the Indian food.

Being fairly open minded and willing to try just about anything, I've gone through that line on every Carnival cruise and haven't had any idea what to try and, most importantly, what those three sauces at the end are to be used on. I DO know that the one is hot enough to melt your face off. :o :eek: :o

I Know what Cous Cous is and also Falafel (sp?) and those soft breads are used to roll something inside like a wrap? Anyone who can shed some light on how to mix and match items so I don't miss something good please offer your suggestions and knowledge!

Thank you

Cous Cous is Turkish/North African and Falafel is Middle Eastern.

My DH and I like and make Indian food at home. Tandoori chicken is usually pretty good and mild. The spinach and cheese I enjoy. I guess I'm not much help because I enjoy most of Indian food. We stumbled upon the Indian buffet just as they where closing it down! :o We would have had much more if we had known!!!

BTW, curry is a mixture of spices. Indian food doesn't (usually) use the stuff called "curry powder" that we can get in the grocery store. They DO use some of the same spices though!

My wife and I love Indian food. There are some really good Indian restaurants here in New Orleans, and I dabble in cooking it myself.

I wasn't very impressed with the Indian buffet. I don't think it is the kind of food that does well sitting on the steam table.

On the first night of each of our last Carnival cruises, they offer a vegetarian dish that is very Indian and is spectacular. I don't remember what they call it, but it will be easy to pick out. Very spicey.

My wife and I love Indian food. There are some really good Indian restaurants here in New Orleans, and I dabble in cooking it myself.

I wasn't very impressed with the Indian buffet. I don't think it is the kind of food that does well sitting on the steam table.

On the first night of each of our last Carnival cruises, they offer a vegetarian dish that is very Indian and is spectacular. I don't remember what they call it, but it will be easy to pick out. Very spicey.

I've had this dish and it is great! Can't remember the name either.

My daughter was born in India and lived there for the first 8 years of her life. She really enjoyed the Indian buffet although she said it was a little on the mild side. We were so excited to have something other than the usual fare. We were on the Imagination in January.

The Indian food is delicious. Try the Chicken Tikka and the paratha roti (flat bread).

I'll look for those this time around. I usually take a little bit of everything but never know if I shoud be adding sauce to something or if one item should be eaten with another.

Thanks for your advice!

Archived