Status Match program

Licisca

I tried to fill out the form in entirety but there is an area for you to upload 'proof' of your status on another cruiseline !

I have Elite on Celebrity and even though put in the number...I cannot submit the form because I have no 'file' I can attach for proof.

Also the terms state I will get this matching status upon boarding MSC for the FIRST time. This does not seem to apply to prior cruisers !

Shippy,,,A Celebrity cruiser said he was only able to retrieve his membership info on-line,,,if you can log into your loyalty membership on-line and take a screen shot of it, MSC will accept that.

Screen%20Shot%202015-07-24%20at%208.00.14%20PM_zpscsben3w9.png

Edited by Mikesa1721

Shippy,,,A Celebrity cruiser said he was only able to retrieve his membership info on-line,,,if you can log into your loyalty membership on-line and take a screen shot of it, MSC will accept that.

Screen%20Shot%202015-07-24%20at%208.00.14%20PM_zpscsben3w9.png

That is what I did. I took a screen shot of my Diamond VIFP status (Carnival) and sent that.

Not that I plan to sail on MSC until they lower the price for solos but interested to see if they will really make me Black. Not that Black means much.

I do like the evening free cocktails on Celebrity and Royal and double points for sailing solo.

http://crazycruises.it/2015/07/09/msc-voyagers-club-5-livelli-esclusivi-con-vantaggi-unici/

:)Have you read the news about the new Status Match program?

I was a top tier MSC Black member earned the old fashion way. When they instituted this match, they downgraded the program eliminating or reducing many good benefits. I understand trying to attract new cruisers but to screw up their relationship with established customers makes no sense. I find other cruise line loyalty programs more attractive now and am switching my loyalty.

Sent from my SM-T520 using Tapatalk

I tried registering. They want upload of my C&A card. First of all, it has no date. Secondly, they only issue one card, at the beginning. I've been Platinum for the last 3 cruises, but,of course, my card says silver. They also want the card uploaded to them. Are they kidding?

What I did was print & scan a email from Royal showing my Diamond status. There are no cards, so this will have to do.

I just read the terms on the German status match program and what I found interesting is that they will not just match the status of other cruise lines but also of hotel chains or tour operators.

Since they are that generous, it's no surprise they had to drastically cut back the benefits.

Interesting, I have no proof of my Diamond status with RCCL, I took a photo of my last cruise card that has my name and Diamond on it, bit, MSC won't let me post that. I don;t know how to do a screen shot.....

I learned how to do a screen shot with Early Saver and price drops on Carnival.

To take a screen shot I hold ctrl/alt/and prtscn down together. Then open paint and paste. Then it is a document which can be added.

How to take a screenshot

You can take a screen shot of your Crown and Anchor benefits page on Royal which will show your status.

Edited by maryann2

I tried registering with my Hyatt Hotels Platinum card last week but have not heard anything from them yet. Anxious to see if they will accept rewards cards besides just from other cruise lines cards as their site state and others have posted here. I will let you all know when I hear from them.

I can't find an answer to a question, so I will post it here .....

Does MSC Loyalty program include a lounge with Happy Hour like RCI has it ?

No, it doesn't. There's a "Welcome Back" party one night where cocktails are served. On Gala nights there are also free pre-dinner cocktails for everyone.

MSCs drink packages are cheaper than most other lines and pretty comprehensive, though. The premium package gets you top-shelf liquor, bottled beer, quality wines in the MDR and wine bar and includes room-service menu items and the mini-bar in the cabin stocked with beer, liquor, soft drinks, juices, water and snacks. It also includes the fabulous cakes and sweets from the Gelataria menu.

Well, I should look into this ;).

I love the lounge hours that RCI has. You meet friends you know from previous

cruises, you can make easily new friends. It's not the drinking alone, it's the social aspect.

Edited by christi1805

With the serious downgrade of benefits, what do the Gold & Black Card do?

Really nothing.

Anyone in the USA having issues getting theirs to submit? Mine are definitely not being sent. Very strange.

I was able to submit mine but did not get a reply.

However I did get a call from a PVP so obviously they did receive it. Nothing in writing but he did tell me I would be Black.

Where would I email the application form for the status match program to? There is no email address on the form. That would be for MSC USA. Also, MSC asks for the date of the card. I also have no card. Would I put the date I became Elite? I can find that date on my Cruise History.

Thanks

I was able to submit mine but did not get a reply.

However I did get a call from a PVP so obviously they did receive it. Nothing in writing but he did tell me I would be Black.

Same thing for me. I applied almost 2 weeks ago and was able to submit the request, but have yet to hear back from them other than getting 3 unsolicited calls from the Sales team looking to have me book a cruise, so obviously they have received it. I tried calling MSC several times to inquire as to status and only get voicemail, so I decided to try sending them an email 3 days ago and have yet to receive a response to that. I have not had great experiences with MSC thus far in terms of customer service. I will report back when/if I hear from them on my status.

Edited by joseph123