MSC water policy

sheba2008

Here, here! Succinct and well put. I can totally understand someone being angry at being charged more than other pax for anything. :cool:

Well said, MSC is handeling this very bad, give tapped water for everybody!!!

People who want botteld water can pay for it.

This is hilarious, considering all the (vocal) hand-wringing from European memebrs of CruiseCritic regarding gratuities on US-based cruise lines.

....and I have never been one of them, nor agree with those that moan about the US tipping culture. I'm a great believer of "when in Rome....."

If you want to travel to other countries, be prepared to accept their customs and practices. You don't have to like them, just don't expect them to change to suit hour own practices. Anyway, it's part of the fun of travelling. It would be pretty bring if we all behaved the same way, ate the same things......

....and I have never been one of them, nor agree with those that moan about the US tipping culture. I'm a great believer of "when in Rome....."

If you want to travel to other countries, be prepared to accept their customs and practices. You don't have to like them, just don't expect them to change to suit hour own practices. Anyway, it's part of the fun of travelling. It would be pretty bring if we all behaved the same way, ate the same things......

100% agreed!

Spending three weeks in the US at the moment and I could moan all day long about all the things that are different (tipping, driving, bread, portions, chlorine water) or I could waste all my energy trying to convince people that their way of doing things is wrong and the German way is the only propper way.

This would not go over well and would lead nowhere. Part of the fun of traveling is to experience different cultures and immerse as much as possible.

Maybe it's hard for people who leave their country for the first time, but after a while, the fun kicks in.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I didn't get the impression that RiotAct was pointing to you specifically with the comment, any more than you were referring to me or him/her about water charges. The point was, as I saw it, that while you "find it strange how much a thing some Americans make of the water issue", Americans react similarly when non-Americans complain about gratuities.

I didn't get the impression that RiotAct was pointing to you specifically with the comment, any more than you were referring to me or him/her about water charges. The point was, as I saw it, that while you "find it strange how much a thing some Americans make of the water issue", Americans react similarly when non-Americans complain about gratuities.

I'm American and can admit that it's important to me what kind of water I drink. We'll be in Caribbean on Divina for the first time. Can someone please tell me what type of water will be available to us free or paid?

Thanks.

I'm American and can admit that it's important to me what kind of water I drink. We'll be in Caribbean on Divina for the first time. Can someone please tell me what type of water will be available to us free or paid?

Thanks.

Free iced tap water. You will also be able to buy bottles of still or sparkling mineral water if you want.