Iím onboard Wind Surf right now. We boarded on Sunday but between activities and Internet / satellite woes I havenít been able to post until now.
The ship is lovely, the new bedding is fabulous and really makes the room look classy. The new mattresses and duvets are elegant and comfy. Most of the Degrees of Difference upgrades have already taken place in the staterooms, with the Bose iPod dock (heavenly), the flat screen TV (itís awesome, but mine has one dead pixel thatís driving me crazy!) and the yummy LíOccitane bath products.
When the ship goes into dry dock in November, most of the improvements will not be visible but rather beneath decks. There will be some major improvements though that will be readily apparent.
1. The bathrooms are going to be completely redone, with new lighting, granite counters, new fixtures, new shower and toilet enclosures. They ďpromisedĒ that they would leave the wood alone, though.
2. Two big suites will be added where the conference room and business center are now, and the Nautilus room will become a conference center. I didnít ask if the suites will have verandahs but since they are at the very top of the ship, I bet they do.
3. The library will be expanded and turned into an active ďcenterĒ of the ship, with a cafe, books, listening stations etc. similar to the Explorations Cafe on HAL ships.
4. The Bistro will be renamed Degrees.
5. New carpeting will be added where needed and the exterior stairways will get new decking and a coat of paint.
Iím writing this offline but Iíll come back later, so please, ask any questions you want to and Iíll try to answer them.
Oh, thank heavens for this board! Luvnorwayís hints about Porto Ferraio were perfect, and if Durant hadnít posted somewhere that the plugs were under the desk I never would have found them! The 110 doesnít work in my cabin, though. I have a converter kit and had to use the two 220s.