CoCo Cay Bungalow

PoosieGirl

I know everyone is always looking for updated information about the bungalows so I thought I'd post our experience. We sailed on the Anthem last week (2-26-17 sailing) and were at CoCo Cay on Wednesday, 3/1/17. I had reserved the bungalow online prior to sailing. Our group included myself (37), my husband (35), our two kids (8 and 6) and my parents (70 and 65).

Our ticket for the bungalow was left in our stateroom along with a note that said that if we wished we could take the priority tender over to the island (this was supposed to be the first tender over but in actuality was the second - I think it was mainly due to other passengers not having their acts together - but I'm not entirely sure). We only arrived a minute or two after the other tender. This was especially nice because it meant that we didn't have to go to 270 that morning (at 7:30) to pick up tender tickets - as they were insisting that you had to have a tender ticket. As an added bonus the Windjammer was really empty at 7:30 as everyone else was getting their tickets.

Once we got off the tender we made a beeline for the golf cart/tractors that take you to the bungalow area this was shared with the beach beds and clam shells - although the clamshells had their own stop. Once we got to right area we got wrist bands and were told to go and choose whichever bungalow we wanted. We got #17 in the first row towards the end by the beach beds. The beach in this area was nice and quiet. The sand was soft and there were no rocks that I could detect.

About 15 minutes after we got there the attendants brought around a lunch menu and took our orders. Coolers with water were soon delivered and attendants offered towels a bit after that (we brought ours from the ship - just in case).

The bungalow was great. We had the two loungers right next to it, two floating mats and a nice quiet beach. Lunch was delivered around 11:30 and there was a bar and restrooms just steps away that were never crowded. When we were ready to head back to the ship we hopped on the waiting golf cart and he delivered us almost to the dock. We had a great time and will certainly rent one again! Let me know if I can answer any questions.

Thank you for the information!!! I've been looking for this and it seems like all threads get derailed by people giving information on the cabanas and not the bungalows. We've got one reserved for our October cruise and now I'm really excited!

I do have a few questions. Do all the bungalows have a clear view of the water or are they in front of each other in rows? Are the clam shells or the beach beds in front of the bungalows? Also, a new cabana type just showed up on our planner for not much more money. Not the suite cabanas. Did you happen to see these and their location? TIA

There were two rows of bungalows. They were offset so the back row did have a view of the water. The beach beds are down the beach from the bungalows, so there is nothing between the front row and the water. I didn't see anything about cabanas in my planner - so I'm afraid I can't help there. I loved having the bungalow, having lunch delivered and not having to go to the buffet was amazing! Am I the only that think taking kids through the buffet is exhausting?

I was standing in the water taking this picture without any zoom. The tide did go out a bit in the afternoon. But there was enough room for the kids to play without them being too far away. We were also spread out enough that we couldn't really hear the people in the other bungalows much, at least not enough to make out conversations.

P1000786_zpsfrbd21hw.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Do you mind if I ask what you paid for a bungalow? I called RC and they are telling me $149. It used to say $195. THey are also saying there is no sofa, even though it shows on the website photo, and plain as day in your photo! The RC rep was also unable to tell me if lunch was brought to the bungalow instead of going to the buffet. I am having a very hard time getting accurate info. Thanks so much!

• 1 month later...

Thanks for this info. I just rented one of these for myself for my November trip on the Anthem. Since I have walking difficulties I tend to have anxiety about the transport details, but now I'm just plain old excited!

• 2 months later...

Thanks so much for posting this thread. I love the cabanas in Labadee and didn't see any listed for CocoCay under my excursions tab. I think I like the bungalows much better anyway. Much quieter beach area, all the same amenities as cabanas really except the upgraded buffet. I like that we can order off of a menu, just as good to me. I like that the water is right there unlike the cabana area where it is a bit of walk to the water. It also appears the floating bar is close by too, 5 minute walk.

I reserved one for March 9, 2018 Anthem of the Seas cruise. We will be in CocoCay for my birthday too. This will be a nice day to celebrate it. Was it hard to get a tram or transportation back to the ship area or shopping etc?

Thanks for the information.

• 3 weeks later...

We're booked on the July 6, 2018 Adventure sailing. So far, only the cabanas are listed in the Cruise Planner, and have been since shortly after we booked, in April. From everything I've read, I think the bungalows would be the better option for us, so hoping they show up soon.

Anyone else with a sailing that far out seeing the bungalows?

We're booked on the July 6, 2018 Adventure sailing. So far, only the cabanas are listed in the Cruise Planner, and have been since shortly after we booked, in April. From everything I've read, I think the bungalows would be the better option for us, so hoping they show up soon.

Anyone else with a sailing that far out seeing the bungalows?

We're booked on the June 22, 2018 Adventure sailing. As you stated, the cabanas have been available for some time now, the bungalows just became a available 2 or 3 days ago for our June 22 sailing. My guess is, they will become available for your sailing very soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We're booked on the June 22' date=' 2018 Adventure sailing. As you stated, the cabanas have been available for some time now, the bungalows just became a available 2 or 3 days ago for our June 22 sailing. My guess is, they will become available for your sailing very soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Excellent. Thanks for the info. I'll keep an eye on the Planner.