TAMPA transfers

travlDR

Plan on staying at Hilton Homewood Suites near Tampa airport the day before cruise on the Brilliance of the Seas. What is the ideal transfer from hotel to port, and after cruise port back to airport??? It will be 6 people. THANKS

I'd do a minivan taxi, flat fee of $25 between the port and airport.

Thanks! will it hold 6 people and their luggage??? Hey- I'm in Illinois too! But down close to St Louis

• 10 months later...

I search the board, but couldn't fine the answer. My family of 5 are flying to Tampa Fri, renting a car and driving to to Naples to visit family for the weekend. we are driving back Mon morning to turn in the rental car and then catch a 5 day Carnival cruise. Are there any transfers/shuttles from the rental car location to port? I'm assuming we need to catch shuttle to airport and then some other transfers from airport to the port. Since there are 5 of us and we will have extra luggage (9 days of travel) we were considering private transfers for $150 until I read about taxi cost. If we decide to take at taxi, do I need to try to call them earlier or do they typical have minivan taxi's available regularly?

thanks,

Are you returning the car to TPA? :confused: If so I would drop the family and bags off, then return the car, and only one needs to Uber back to the port (should be just under $20)

There's an Avis and a Hertz office within a couple of blocks of the port - you can walk or they will shuttle. Enterprise is also within a couple of miles of the port and will shuttle you. I'd still drop off everyone and bags first.

Are you returning the car to TPA? :confused: If so I would drop the family and bags off, then return the car, and only one needs to Uber back to the port (should be just under $20)

There's an Avis and a Hertz office within a couple of blocks of the port - you can walk or they will shuttle. Enterprise is also within a couple of miles of the port and will shuttle you. I'd still drop off everyone and bags first.

Yes, I'm returning the car to TPA - Hertz. Awesome! I wasn't aware if the shuttle would take you to the port or just ot the airport. Thanks for the suggestion. I will plan on dropping the family off at the port, return the rental car and then catching the shuttle from Hertz back to the port.

Thanks,

Plan on staying at Hilton Homewood Suites near Tampa airport the day before cruise on the Brilliance of the Seas. What is the ideal transfer from hotel to port, and after cruise port back to airport??? It will be 6 people. THANKS

After the cruise there are shared shuttles at the port that charge $8.00 per person to take you to the airport, no reservations are required.

Also, check with your hotel to see if there is a shuttle to the port service available.

The Hertz shuttle is from the one near the port - not from TPA. :(

Hertz and Avis have locations in big hotels near the port - one in Embassy Suites and the other in a Marriott, and I cannot recall which is which. From TPA you'll need a taxi, Uber or Shuttle to get back to the port.