Wonderful Copenhagen 2017 edition.

Danish Viking - I have spent the past 1 1/2 hours reading through this thread and making notes relevant to our visit next year. - THANK YOU!!

We visited in 2014 and did a free walking tour which was amazing. Then we took a canal trip. We were fortunate (or maybe not so fortunate from a local's perspective) to be staying in the city on the day of the finals of Eurovision' date=' so the atmosphere was amazing. Unfortunately, we had planned to visit one of the live sites that evening but it was pouring and very cold. So we went close by our hotel for dinner then headed back.

Now, thanks to this thread I am well prepared for what we can achieve on our short visit next year, including transportation from the airport, where to stay (cheaper than on our last visit) and transport to our cruise ship.

However, I may be testing you on this question. On our free walking tour, our guide took us to a café for a break, mid-tour. I'm not sure but it may have been close to the Hotel d'Angleterre (I remember him talking about the significance of that hotel!).

Our guide suggested a hot chocolate that the café is known for - a stick each of white, dark and milk chocolate with hot milk poured over. You swirl around the chocolate in the hot milk until it melts - DEVINE!

Any ideas where this café is? Name? I would really like to have another one while in your beautiful city. :) I don't think we were in Stroget, I seem to recall a square.[/quote']

I have just done a quick google search, as I am curious to where it could be too! And Baresso Coffee seemed a likely place? There seems to be a few of them, so not sure which one you may have gone to? Don't know if this helps.

Hope you can assist me. Before the cruise we are staying for four days at the Crowne Plaza. After the cruise we have two nights and thought we should stay in a different area. We are considering these hotels and would appreciate your input about any or all of them. Input regarding the hotel itself, area of town in relation to sights, noise and safety of various areas are desired.

Best Western Plus: Peder Skrams Gade 24 Copenhagen, 1054

71 Nyhavn: Nyhavn 71, Copenhagen 1051, Denmark

Hotel Christian IV: Dronningens Tvaergade 45 -1302 Copenhagen K

Hotel Kong Arthur: Nørre Søgade 11 1370 Copenhagen K

Thank you so much for all your help!

I have just done a quick google search, as I am curious to where it could be too! And Baresso Coffee seemed a likely place? There seems to be a few of them, so not sure which one you may have gone to? Don't know if this helps.

Thanks very much for that - I checked out one likely candidate. Will make a note just in case we can find the time to go on a hunt.

Appreciate the help.

Danish Viking - another question you may be able to help with.

Is there something on in Copenhagen on or around 24/25 August 2018?

There are some on our cruise thread who have come up again 'sold out' hotels.

Others think this may actually be due to the fact that bookings are not open so far out. Two hotels in particular are Bethel and Wakeup Copenhagen in Borgergade.

Appreciate your help with all these questions

Hi Danish Viking! We sure are keeping you busy!!

We are going to go to Tivoli Gardens on a Monday night (the first night we arrive) to walk off the jet lag. Are there any restaurants in there that you would suggest? I have looked them up and there are about 20 of them. We do not mind a "sit down" restaurant, and like to eat what/where the locals eat. We are staying at the Anderson Hotel in that area.

Also when we return from our cruise, we will be in Copenhagen on a Thursday-September 28. Can your recommend some restaurants that would, as noted, give us the "flavor" of local culture? And what about that famous restaurant (can't think of the name) that is supposedly one of the best restaurants in the world? Three Michelin Stars I think.

Thank you in advance from Diane in Alabama, USA

We are going to go to Tivoli Gardens on a Monday night (the first night we arrive) to walk off the jet lag. Are there any restaurants in there that you would suggest? I have looked them up and there are about 20 of them. We do not mind a "sit down" restaurant, and like to eat what/where the locals eat. We are staying at the Anderson Hotel in that area.

Also when we return from our cruise, we will be in Copenhagen on a Thursday-September 28. Can your recommend some restaurants that would, as noted, give us the "flavor" of local culture? And what about that famous restaurant (can't think of the name) that is supposedly one of the best restaurants in the world? Three Michelin Stars I think.

If you are talking about Noma, it is closed until December when it will reopen in a new location. The new restaurant in that space is expected to open in October. In the meantime, Noma staff are running a restaurant under a bridge, fixe pris $150. See http://noma.dk/

Sent from my SM-N910V using Forums mobile app

If you are talking about Noma, it is closed until December when it will reopen in a new location. The new restaurant in that space is expected to open in October. In the meantime, Noma staff are running a restaurant under a bridge, fixe pris $150. See http://noma.dk/

Yes! Noma! I was going to look into it. The restaurant under the bridge is closing September 3 I see. So I will miss out all around because we do not arrive until September 18th. Thank you tho.You leave before us! Enjoy your cruise!!!

I did go thru and search this thread (which I should have done first) and found some of your restaurant recommendations. I will read them all when I have more time. I also see your favorites from Tivoli. Thank you again.

Edited by Seminole1975

I'm massively disappointed about it. I'm a vegetarian, so to miss one of the top restaurants in the world for vegetarians is terrible! Still excited for the cruise!

Riz Raz is a very good and affordable vegetarian restaurant (two locations). I'm not a vegetarian, but I really enjoyed my meal there.

We just returned from the NCL 9 day Baltic out of CPH.

I had been lurking before the trip and would like to thank Danish Viking for his many tips.

We purchased the City Pass online before leaving Canada. The follow up text with the actual "tickets" never arrived, but the email receipt with the codes did. I screenshot that page, and was able to use it quite easily on the bus.

The 25 bus took us, with our luggage, right to Oceankaj, where we had a short walk to the Terminal to process our boarding.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hope you can assist me. Before the cruise we are staying for four days at the Crowne Plaza. After the cruise we have two nights and thought we should stay in a different area. We are considering these hotels and would appreciate your input about any or all of them. Input regarding the hotel itself, area of town in relation to sights, noise and safety of various areas are desired.

Best Western Plus: Peder Skrams Gade 24 Copenhagen,1054

71 Nyhavn: Nyhavn 71,Copenhagen 1051, Denmark

Hotel Christian IV: Dronningens Tvaergade 45-1302 Copenhagen K

Hotel Kong Arthur: Nørre Søgade 11 1370 Copenhagen K

Thank you so much for all your help!

Both areas are very safe and quiet but Nørre Søgade has more through traffic so that can probably be a little bit more noisy than the other hotel.

Nyhavn 71 is in the quiet end of Nyhavn, meaning that the bars are located in the other end and the bicycle/pedestrian traffic to the kissing bridge is on the other side of Nyhavn.

71 Nyhavn is rated as the 3rd best hotel in Copenhagen according to tripadvisor, Hotel Christian IV is number 24 (out of 117) so its still very good.

Danish Viking - another question you may be able to help with.

Is there something on in Copenhagen on or around 24/25 August 2018?

There are some on our cruise thread who have come up again 'sold out' hotels.

Others think this may actually be due to the fact that bookings are not open so far out. Two hotels in particular are Bethel and Wakeup Copenhagen in Borgergade.

Appreciate your help with all these questions

According to the convention bureau there is only 3 conventions with a total of 1300 delegates happening at that time so surely it can´t be the reason.

The cruise calendar also looks very normal around these dates, there is no unusual amount of cruise ships and there are both small and big ones on the list.

At Tivoli I can recommend Grøften and Færgekroen.

Noma is sadly not around anymore but the one with 3 michelin stars, Geranium still is.

http://www.visitcopenhagen.com/copenhagen/gastronomy/michelin-starred-restaurants

We just returned from the NCL 9 day Baltic out of CPH.

I had been lurking before the trip and would like to thank Danish Viking for his many tips.

We purchased the City Pass online before leaving Canada. The follow up text with the actual "tickets" never arrived, but the email receipt with the codes did. I screenshot that page, and was able to use it quite easily on the bus.

The 25 bus took us, with our luggage, right to Oceankaj, where we had a short walk to the Terminal to process our boarding.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Its good to hear that it worked out anyway.

According to the convention bureau there is only 3 conventions with a total of 1300 delegates happening at that time so surely it can´t be the reason.

The cruise calendar also looks very normal around these dates, there is no unusual amount of cruise ships and there are both small and big ones on the list.

Thanks for that - I'm assuming then that many of the hotels do not have their bookings open for August 2018 yet.

Unfortunately, I suppose, it is the hotels on the lower end of the price scale which are snapped up first.

But if the Wake Up hotel in Borgergade is sold out there is still the other one at Tivoli Congress center.

And they are opening a 3rd one next year very close to Tivoli and is almost next door to the Marriott and Cabinn City hotels.

I don't know if its opened by August but we can hope. :)

Danish Viking

We will be docking at Langelinie. Is it possible to walk from there to the Palace are?

Can we catch a taxi from the Palace area to go to the Zoo? And back to the pier?

Will the taxis take euros? What would be the approx cost of such a ride?

Sorry to trouble you with all the question.

Thank you

Hello Danish Viking. There are 10 of us leaving from Wake Up Hotel Borgergade on Aug. 22, going to Oceankaj,331. I read in a previous post that we could get a "taxi minivan" but would that hold 10 people and 10+ pieces of luggage? Do you suggest we get a mode of transportation that would hold us all or would it be better (cheaper) for us to split up? Finally, do you have an approximate cost for us? Thank you for your help. It is very nice of you to be so accommodating to all of us travelers:)

Katie

Danish Viking

We will be docking at Langelinie. Is it possible to walk from there to the Palace are?

Can we catch a taxi from the Palace area to go to the Zoo? And back to the pier?

Will the taxis take euros? What would be the approx cost of such a ride?

Sorry to trouble you with all the question.

Thank you

Yes its possible to walk, it only takes 20 minutes or so.

https://www.google.dk/maps/dir/Langelinie,+Langeliniekaj+2,+2100+K%C3%B8benhavn/Amalienborg+Slotsplads,+1257+K%C3%B8benhavn+K/@55.6917419,12.5854523,15z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x465252ddcc85bfc7:0x572db1a17103da79!2m2!1d12.6002016!2d55.6993361!1m5!1m1!1s0x4652532237c922bb:0xb4d547417bc9e1d9!2m2!1d12.5929858!2d55.6843353!3e2

I am not sure if you can get a taxi from Amalienborg but if you walk to nearby Kongens Nytorv metro station you can get a taxi from there.

The price will be 150 kroner to the Zoo and around the same price back to Langelinie.

Hello Danish Viking. There are 10 of us leaving from Wake Up Hotel Borgergade on Aug. 22, going to Oceankaj,331. I read in a previous post that we could get a "taxi minivan" but would that hold 10 people and 10+ pieces of luggage? Do you suggest we get a mode of transportation that would hold us all or would it be better (cheaper) for us to split up? Finally, do you have an approximate cost for us? Thank you for your help. It is very nice of you to be so accommodating to all of us travelers:)

Katie

I only think they take 7 but if you get a minivan and a regular taxi it should work.

Hi Danish Viking. We will be taking the train from Malmo on the day our cruise departs. Could you help us with which station would be best for us to get off of the train. We will be getting on the ship at Oceankaj. Does the train stop at Norreport...if it does could we get off there and get on bus 25?

Thank you...Donna