How to get 3 adults and 2 kids from FLL to Miami Cruise Port?

the_dylaness

I am not sure if UBER XL will be able to accommodate 5 people plus luggage (never tried UBER XL, states it can hold up to 6 people?)

Also was hoping to not have to pack car seats, does this affect our options?

Private shuttle?

Thanks for any ideas.

How old are the kids? Amazon has some travel booster seats for toddlers. The airline will check your seats for free if you choose not to use them on the flight; bringing your own seats ensures that they are sized and installed correctly.

A mini-van taxi from FLL or nearby hotels will run about $75+tip to POM - about the same as UberXL (large SUV or minivan). Ask the front desk at your hotel to call the taxi for you; they will know who is reliable.

We just Uber Xl'd all

Over Miami, to and from

Port, etc...one time it was an escape and very tight. Every other time we got a mini van which was awesome.

If the car doesn't look big enough, cancel it

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are flying in day of cruise. Kids 2.5 and 6. Not sure minivan will hold everyone plus luggage. Do not want to store and hassle with car seat if possible

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

An Uber XL will be sufficient (we had five people three adult and two teens, seven pieces of luggage and some back packs) but you could also do a shuttle

The 6-year old is probably ok but the younger one will need a car seat/booster; very few Ubers come with car seats. I would either plan on bringing my own or make arrangements with a shuttle service (SAS, QLS, etc.) that will provide a car seat. For 5 plus bags and a car seat you could also look into private transport - check Larry's Limos.

I am not sure if UBER XL will be able to accommodate 5 people plus luggage (never tried UBER XL, states it can hold up to 6 people?)

Also was hoping to not have to pack car seats, does this affect our options?

Private shuttle?

Thanks for any ideas.

We are using QLS transportation next week from a FLL hotel to POM. 2 adults, 3 kids + luggage = $65. Thought about renting a car, but didn't want the hassle of having to return it. Shuttle will take us directly from hotel to ship. UberXL won't accommodate all of us plus luggage. Shuttle is direct & reasonably priced. We don't need car seats, so can't help with that answer.

We are using QLS transportation next week from a FLL hotel to POM. 2 adults, 3 kids + luggage = $65. Thought about renting a car, but didn't want the hassle of having to return it. Shuttle will take us directly from hotel to ship. UberXL won't accommodate all of us plus luggage. Shuttle is direct & reasonably priced. We don't need car seats, so can't help with that answer.

Uber XL accommodated us 3 adults, 2 teens and mucho luggage last week every time we called

Uber XL accommodated us 3 adults, 2 teens and mucho luggage last week every time we called

I asked this question last month & got a lot of responses that XL would not accommodate. Glad it worked for you. Without taking chances I booked QLS. Not worth the risk.