What are your favourite ships?

Of the ships I have sailed on my favourites would be. This is based on ship/food etc.

Once I factor in price, perks and on board activities the RCL ships move up in value so I sail on them more often then Celebrity.

Celebrity Solstice/Reflection

Quantum/Ovation OTS

Oasis OTS

Voyager/Explorer OTS

Radiance OTS

Sun Princess

Celebrity Solstice

Golden Princess (except for the shower)

Rhapsody of the Seas (loved the ship but don't like RCI all that much)

All these ships have lots of things I like, but all of them also have things I don't like.

Hard to say as my preferences have changed over time as ships have been refurbished (which has consistently made them worse).

As of right now, the top ones in order are:

Quantum of the Seas

MSC Splendida

Ovation of the Seas

Golden Princess

Celebrity Solstice

Voyager of the Seas

Hard to say as my preferences have changed over time as ships have been refurbished (which has consistently made them worse).

I was going to add Rhapsody of the Seas to my list, as its inaugural cruise to Australia from Hawaii to Sydney, was the most fun, with a ship of Aussies and one Kiwi. However, I feared it had probably been refurbished since.

I picked ships I would love to cruise on again.

I was going to add Rhapsody of the Seas to my list, as its inaugural cruise to Australia from Hawaii to Sydney, was the most fun, with a ship of Aussies and one Kiwi. However, I feared it had probably been refurbished since.

I picked ships I would love to cruise on again.

Rhapsody of the seas had the best crew at sea. Loverly and very friendly. This seemed to pass onto the passengers whom were all so friendly and happy. This ship wins for staff. 😊

The more I cruise, the more I appreciate the smaller ships. The three I mention are all the same size and design [ex R]...

Azamara Journey

Prinsendam

Pacific Princess

Some larger ships are OK for relatively short cruises, however tried Voyager of the Seas, and didn't really care for it.

Rhapsody of the seas had the best crew at sea. Loverly and very friendly. This seemed to pass onto the passengers whom were all so friendly and happy. This ship wins for staff.

Agreed - just I wasn't rating for crew. ;)

I thought about adding Rhapsody, but didn't want to make the list massive, and that the fitout of the ship is so far behind now it couldn't really compare.

MM since its refurb, off the top of my head it's lost its library and games rooms, a number of art works including the central sculpture, public areas are more limited, and with the increased passenger count the theatre is now over-capacity early i.e. you need to be there about half an hour before show. They added acrobat shows in the atrium, but again there is very limited space so unless you're there about an hour early to get a decent spot it's hard to see much if anything and you also wind up with a cricked neck looking up or down from so close.

I did enjoy my last cruise on her (mostly thanks to the crew and Captain Rob), but wouldn't look to sail on her again.

Well here is an unexpected ring in.....

P & O UK's Aurora. Spacious decks, nice cabins, rides very nicely. The crew was great too. A truly elegant ship.

Steve.

Well here is an unexpected ring in.....

P & O UK's Aurora. Spacious decks, nice cabins, rides very nicely. The crew was great too. A truly elegant ship.

Steve.

That ship is on my wish list for a longer cruise, as well as Adonia for a shorter cruise.

That ship is on my wish list for a longer cruise, as well as Adonia for a shorter cruise.

Unfortunately Marion this year was her last trip downunder as P&O reckon she's getting on a bit and they are keeping her closer to home. I see though they are going to South America for a long trip, might be worth the flight to England for that one!

Steve.

Unfortunately Marion this year was her last trip downunder as P&O reckon she's getting on a bit and they are keeping her closer to home. I see though they are going to South America for a long trip, might be worth the flight to England for that one!

Steve.

I would have loved to have gone on her last world cruise, which visited ports of call P&0 were associated with in the past. Yes, I knew she is doing South America. I'll keep a look out for cruises on her closer to home, combined with Hurtigruten.