cigs Ensenada

casperbks

My sister smokes and wants to know if there is a place at the port in Ensenada to buy cigs and how much they are??? that you for your help we are trying to get a budget together,,, anything that is a must busy there??

:confused:

There should be a few street vendors and a store or two. It kinda depends on what brand she smokes.... they have most of the "common" brands like Marlboro, Camel, Newport, but PallMall, Virginia Slims, and so on are a bit more difficult to find usually.

In Tijuana, I pay 500 pesos for a carton of Camel Unfiltered (about $31/USD - typically about $72USD here in California) - if you pay with dollars, expect to pay about $35/carton. You typically can haggle a few bucks with the street vendors if you're buying a carton - they'll probably quote you $45 to start.

If you're flying to port and leaving the country, I THINK you can shop in the duty-free store on the way to the ship.... don't quote me on this, though....

And ask if you don't see your brand - great thing about Mexico is if they don't have it, they typically can go get it in a few minutes!!