Biggest Loser

fee&j

The show the Biggest Loser is on tonight, and it is from the Sapphire Princess, might be a good show to catch as I'm sure they will go into the best foods to have and working out while on board a cruise. We are booked to go on the Sun for twenty days sailing October 21 ( back to back 10 day cruises, and I sure don't want to have to buy a one size fits most mumu when I get off the ship. Fiona:p

I love this show. I wish it was on year round because I am always so motivated to keep going on my weight loss journey after watching it.

The cruise ship will be cool to watch too tonight. We sail for the first time in 3 weeks!

Well, we were just on the NCL Sun last week, and I would like to personally recommend the STAIRS ONLY Onboard Fitness Plan! We did end up hitting the Sun gym a few times. But I'm convinced that most of our onboard exercise came from our strict NO ELEVATORS policy!

Hubby and I did not set foot on a single Sun elevator over the entire cruise! According to my handy-dandy pedometer, we averaged walking 6.72 miles per day, most of which was trekking the stairs between our cabin on Deck 4 and the Buffet on Deck 11 several times daily. (See how that works out? ;) ) We even schlepped our bags up the steps for Express Checkout on Thursday! I ate as much and as often as I wanted, and only ended up gaining .4 lb!

Thanks for the heads up on the stair only fitnesss plan Michelle, I think we will give that one a try as well as one mile before breakfast and dinner. Sugar67, I too love the show it keeps me motivated as well. I keep feeling if they can do what the trainers put them through, I can at least do my half hour tapes and go for a walk at least once a day. Only 17 days till the Sun Princess, can hardly wait. Fiona

I haven't seen the show yet, it's DVR'd, because I was in class. I'll watch it tonight. I can attest to the difference taking the stairs makes though. The only times we took the elevators were the one or two occasions when high heels were involved.:D Between the cruise and 4 days at Disney I actually lost weight.

Tami

My last cruise I was with my mom and sis, mom couldn't do stairs at all, so we had to elevator everywhere. Ugh!! I hate people squeezing on when there is NO more room!! Next cruise comin' up...just me and DH. I love the idea of stairs only!! We're definitely going to do that!!

Amanda:D

Thanks all for the idea of using the stairs only - such a good idea - and as others have mentioned the elevators can be quite full and lets not even mention some of the kids that like to play on them!!! Jan

ps - I never miss the biggest loser - it is a great motivator to keep going on my weight loss!

Archived