Azura Fjords Aug 2017 - P&O virgins

haywoolard

Hi

Me, husband and 4yo are booked on the Fjords cruise in August. We have been assigned cabin c741.

We have previously cruised with Carnival round the med and Royal to the canaries. Any tips for us with P&O? I'm liking the fact I can take wine onboard, without feeling like I'm smuggling it in!

Would like some advice on cabin, kids club and some port ideas esp Bergen and Olden?

I have joined the roll call but there are only 2 of us on it so far.

Thanks in advance

X

Your cabin is in a good location as you can go straight up the lifts to the kids club and the self service restaurant.

The kids clubs on P&O are very good and operate most of the day. There is a children's tea at around 5pm and a night nursery for 4 years and under operating from 6pm to 2am. They give you a pager to contact you if your child does not settle.

Details here

https://ask.pocruises.com/help/PO/life-on-board/childrens_club

Brian

Hi,

You will have a wonderful time and, although I don't children, I know plenty of people who've been on P&O with them and they've always been looked after very well (and safely!).

Bergen - Large ships usually dock further from the centre then smaller ones, but there should be a shuttle bus to take you in to the centre. Hopefully you will get good weather - Bergen is, unfortunately, known for it's cloudy weather, but it's a lovely place to visit regardless. If it is good weather the trip up on the funicular to the viewpoint is certainly worth it, but go early as it gets very busy.

Olden - pretty, small village, with some excellent excursion destinations. I should take a look at your Cruise Personaliser to check on shore excursions, and also look up stuff on the internet - I always do. There is a 'toy' train that does an hours trip through the village and around the lake which is nice. There's a lovely cafe in the centre and some shops there, as well as just next to the dock. As always with Norway, the journey to get to Olden is fantastic. I'm sure you'll be up early anyway, but it's always worth it in Norway.

Enjoy your cruise. :)