NCL air sea program

josephine678

Hi we are scheduled for Pride Of America cruise. Right now booked for flight from JFK to Oahu, Honolulu. Don't know any info yet as to airlines, times, etc. Price was excellent. Trying to find some good reviews on the air sea but can't find any. Only a handful of negative posts. Thinking of cancelling and booking my own flights. NCL fare included free hotel night, transfers everything.

Any input is appreciated. Were you ok with flight, airlines, times, were you able to contact airline for seat change. were there too many connections? Also are the chances of getting bumped greater with cruise air.

Maybe a control thing. I'm not feeling too comfortable with having no say in this.

Based on numerous anecdotal reports, peoples' experiences with cruise line air vary widely. Some report great itineraries and connection times, wonderful customer service, ability to select seats, etc. Other report super tight connections or multiple connections, changing itineraries, inability to select seats, and no help from customer service when needed. Still others reports something that falls somewhere in between the two experiences. In many cases the differences would appear to be based on the actual type of ticket sold, which can vary widely depending on the company, route, price and a host of other factors.

Hi we are scheduled for Pride Of America cruise. Right now booked for flight from JFK to Oahu, Honolulu. Don't know any info yet as to airlines, times, etc. Price was excellent. Trying to find some good reviews on the air sea but can't find any. Only a handful of negative posts. Thinking of cancelling and booking my own flights. NCL fare included free hotel night, transfers everything.

Any input is appreciated. Were you ok with flight, airlines, times, were you able to contact airline for seat change. were there too many connections? Also are the chances of getting bumped greater with cruise air.

Maybe a control thing. I'm not feeling too comfortable with having no say in this.

It is possible to request specific flights/times, or at least to decline if it isn't what you want.

We did this with NCL a few years ago, and got exactly what we wanted. I think it cost a bit more, but was still less than the same flights/seats if we had paid privately.

What we don't know is what "would have happened" if there were any flight disruption, or if we wanted to change dates.

We had our TA contact NCL with the specific dates/flights, so we don't know precisely how it worked.

We heard back with the price, found it much lower than what we had found, and said "yes please!"

We only bought a cruise/flight package with Norwegian once. This was several years back, and we had no choice of flights. The flight back from Hawaii was late night, arriving at LAX for a two hour layover so early in the morning that we couldn't even get coffee. We had a miserable flight, with the man next to me slumping all over me in his sleep. There was a lot of whining going on with the two of us. We're capable of learning from experience, so we won't do that again.