Need Pre-cruise Stay Tenerife Information

Looking for suggestions.

Have about 3 or 4 days precruise (haven't booked our air yet) and thinking about doing some touring of the island. I understand it is a beautiful island and can't really do it justice with just a one day tour.

As such was wondering where it might be the best place to stay .... some place along the middle of the north or south coast and then tour west one day and east another?

Would also like recommendations for tour operators and hotels?

We'd really like to do the island as much justice as possible in our limited time there.

Thanks

I worked in Tenerife for 4 years and would stay in the north of the island. There is a nice hotel in Garachico but I can't remember the name, but is the only decent one there. Otherwise, the Hotel Botanico in Puerto de la Cruz is nice. Best to book the hotels direct. The Botanico is on http://www.melia.com

I would hire a car from CICAR. They are reliable and have been around for years throughout the Canaries

I worked in Tenerife for 4 years and would stay in the north of the island. There is a nice hotel in Garachico but I can't remember the name, but is the only decent one there. Otherwise, the Hotel Botanico in Puerto de la Cruz is nice. Best to book the hotels direct. The Botanico is on http://www.melia.com

I would hire a car from CICAR. They are reliable and have been around for years throughout the Canaries

Thank you. I'll take a look at your recommendations.