Help, I am second guessing my Dress!!!

OK, I seriously need some opinions here, I am torn between 2 dresses, I love the tulle bottom, but I am worried it looks a bit young (I am not a 1st time bride) My only criteria is a tea length or shorter dress and its has to be bright white because I am dismal in ivory. This is for a beach wedding in St Thomas. Let me know what you think, Thanks, Dolly:)

short-dress01062-1.jpg

short-dress01062-2.jpg

or

stwd0022.jpg

stwd0022-b.jpg

Both are gorgeous, but I would prefer the first because I think it's a little more sophisticated. However, I'm not the bride- you are- so don't worry about "age" - just go with whichever makes you feel happiest when you put it on (maybe ask a trusted friend to see you model both for her).

If I remember correctly, u already got the 2nd dress? I like it, its adorable. I think its beautiful for a beach wedding and u will look great in it...

I do really love the first one tho! Its so fun!!! I want it too! Haha!

How do they look on you? From my experience something can look great in a picture or on the rack, but it's a completely different experience when you've tried them on. How do you feel when you have them on? They both look great, though I think I prefer the first one. The second one looks very ballerina.

I like the second one. LOVE the corset top. Well, I guess they're both corset tops but the second looks like it from the front too. I find the swirls on the bottom of the first one to be kinda weird looking, personally.

with all the opinions you are getting I guess you are still stuck.

my 2 cents... I like the halter better than the strapless. Strapless to me reads younger, and also can be uncomfortable to keep lifting it up (I have yet to see a strapless dress so flawless it stays up all day/night without a pull and tug here and there) I also agree with lovepea that the first one looks younger.

With all that said tho... a bridal dress is something you have to love and for the most part are ageless in style go with the one you like best on you.

With a name like JulieRose, I would think you'd have noticed the bottom of the first dress is flowers :)!

yep... I noticed. Still think it's weird looking. I can't help what my hippie parents named me ;).

They're both beautiful dresses, I can see why your torn. I would go with the first one. The first dress is more sophisticated looking. The second dress is beautiful, but, I think you'd look more like a ballerina than a bride.

They're both beautiful dresses, I can see why your torn. I would go with the first one. The first dress is more sophisticated looking. The second dress is beautiful, but, I think you'd look more like a ballerina than a bride.

I have to agree; it looks a bit like my DD's ballet recital costume this year. That said, OP, only you know what looks best on you!

LOL I seriously had to laugh at the ballet tutu comment, I actually took ballet for 18 years, maybe thats the appeal for me, thank you tendenitis for killing my dream career LOL, I think I am actually going to order the first one too, neither are expensive the first came from eastbridal.com and the second came from idresslove.com I just refuse to pay a fortune for a dress that will only be worn for a few hours, but I still want it to look great. Yeah I have unrealistic expectations, but thats just me. Thanks for the help everyone, it really is appreciated:)

LOL I seriously had to laugh at the ballet tutu comment, I actually took ballet for 18 years, maybe thats the appeal for me, thank you tendenitis for killing my dream career LOL, I think I am actually going to order the first one too, neither are expensive the first came from eastbridal.com and the second came from idresslove.com I just refuse to pay a fortune for a dress that will only be worn for a few hours, but I still want it to look great. Yeah I have unrealistic expectations, but thats just me. Thanks for the help everyone, it really is appreciated:)

Just a thought.... What's the return policy at those sites? If they have good return policies, maybe u could get them both, try them on and return the one u don't like? I do believe that dresses look different on the hanger than on us... I hated my dress on the hanger, but once it was on me, it was IT.... again, don't know if that's even possible, but just a thought :-)

Just a thought.... What's the return policy at those sites? If they have good return policies, maybe u could get them both, try them on and return the one u don't like? I do believe that dresses look different on the hanger than on us... I hated my dress on the hanger, but once it was on me, it was IT.... again, don't know if that's even possible, but just a thought :-)

Thats true, but I think once you pay for the shipping and customs charges your probably better off keeping it. I really want to do trash the dress pics so whatever I don't wear for the wedding I will use for the pictures. I do love these websites though, because I am thrifty to the core LOL!!!:)

• 4 weeks later...

Archived