My time dining............. what if?

We've booked my time dining for each night of our cruise and reserved our times online. If we decide that we'd like to eat more casually and go to the Windjammer instead, should we let the dining room know that we won't be there, and if so, how much notice do they need. I'd imagine that it happens often.

We've booked my time dining for each night of our cruise and reserved our times online. If we decide that we'd like to eat more casually and go to the Windjammer instead, should we let the dining room know that we won't be there, and if so, how much notice do they need. I'd imagine that it happens often.

Yes the reservation should be canceled as soon as it's determined you will not be eating in the MDR. It's not fair to other diners wanting that time. How would you feel waiting additional time to get a table only to find out the wait was due to someone not having the courtesy to cancel a reservation?

Edited by xxoocruiser

Just call or stop by the the dining room as soon you know you're going to Windjammer.

I always make the MT reservation at the web before the cruise and then I do confirm the reservations at the reservation desk in order to get a good table!

- and then I change reservations as needed while on cruise - including cancellations.

You need to cancel the reservation if not used.

Yes the reservation should be canceled as soon as it's determined you will not be eating in the MDR. It's not fair to other diners wanting that time. How would you feel waiting additional time to get a table only to find out the wait was due to someone not having the courtesy to cancel a reservation?

While I agree with this, RCI really should make it easier to cancel or let them know a table will not be used. All to often when I call, I am placed on hold. Or, if I stop by the MDR, they want me to wait while the find the right person to handle it. No-shows for reservations are a reality in the dining industry. But the more work you ask someone to do to cancel, the more likely they just won't show up.

Perhaps the best suggestion I've heard is to be able to cancel reservation in stateroom through the television.

While I agree with this, RCI really should make it easier to cancel or let them know a table will not be used. All to often when I call, I am placed on hold. Or, if I stop by the MDR, they want me to wait while the find the right person to handle it. No-shows for reservations are a reality in the dining industry. But the more work you ask someone to do to cancel, the more likely they just won't show up.

Perhaps the best suggestion I've heard is to be able to cancel reservation in stateroom through the television.

Thanks for the advice, people. Cancelling via the television seems like a good idea and a time saving one.

Thanks for the advice, people. Cancelling via the television seems like a good idea and a time saving one.

Unfortunately, that option does not currently exist :(

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Yes. So that other guest will not have to wait if a table is available.