Best way to book a new cruise for a newbie

Hi All, we recently came back from our first cruise ever on RC to the South Pacific. We are looking to book another but take my parents, hers, my kids and hers also. All up a booking of approx 11 Adults and 3 children. I heard so many ways of being able to get the best deal from people on the ship but can anyone offer some tips on not only getting the best deal but making sure we can get rooms somewhere near each other, specially the kids. We don't need all rooms side by side but would like the kids either next door or across from us.

I understand that if we wait till last min sales you get what is left so no control whatsoever on rooms [emoji848]. We are thinking RC again for an early Feb 2018 10night trip..

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

To get the best deal usually means a guaranteed cabin, can be interior, oceanview or balcony but then you have no choice of cabin location just that you will get a cabin in the category you choose.

We usually watch several cruises we are interested in and if the price drops to the level we are happy with then we book it then but you need to be flexible to book this way.

For example our next cruise on the Pacific Jewel we booked an Obstructed view cabin which for P & O is a guaranteed cabin and we ended up with an Oceanview on deck 9 so I consider that an upgrade as deck 9,10 & 11 oceanview cabins are more expensive than one's on deck 8,6 and 5.

We were lucky that friends we are travelling with ( also booked an obstructed view ) got the cabin next door to us, so it worked out well.

If it's one particular cruise your looking at then keep an eye on it, look for a price drop especially if they are having a sale on that cruise line and if it falls to a price your happy with then book it but there is a risk that the cruise may sell out or only rise in price, it's all a bit of a gamble the more flexible you are the better deal you can find.

February is good time as school goes back then and usually cruises can be cheaper due to less demand at that time.

i would say with that many people either go to a B&M TA or an online TA and get them to book it for you but dont take guarantees other wise you will be split up and if you get cabins close together get the TA to mark the booking no upgrade so you'll be close together, once you have your booking watch for any price drops but ask the TA if the fare drops will they refare it

RC has a sale on now but dont know if that cruise is in it

I just literally went through this on Saturday. My sister wanted to take a cruise over the holiday at the end of the year. It sounded like a good idea at the time. [emoji14]

The difference is that we booked for New Years but it's 3 adults and 3 children. We wanted cabins preferably next to each other and I advised the travel agent we didn't want guarantee cabins for that reason. They were able to book side by side ones and did all the checking on our behalf.

Travel plans were a big factor for us not deferring too long as it's round trip from Sydney. We wanted to ensure that we didn't overpay for the flight or hotel accommodation.

Thanks guys, I know RC only class a bulk booking discount as 7 cabins and you get an 8th free (went through that at future bookings desk) as for our cabins I'm not fussed where they are to be honest, I think as long as we can get 1 adjoining room with internal access and 2 single beds with a bunk we can work around the location of other cabins, I think your all on the mark, will need to speak to a travel agent. The cruise we wanted is on the RC sale at the moment