A new PG record??

dontdiwundrin

At the Repeater's Cocktail Party last night I believe I heard there were 170 guests on this trip who had previously sailed with Paul Gauguin.

( It was pretty windy up on deck 8 and I didn't hear clearly but it was the most repeaters ever!!!

(I heard the ship is sailing with around 320 guests).

I am not so good at math, some-one smart out there will work out the percentage!!

So, until the Reunion Cruise in September, this record probably stands.....:)

53.1% - impressive for a cruise! I wonder if we will have a higher percentage on the Sept. 10th sailing? Linda ;-)

You bet we will, Linda!

I think likely near 75-80%.

Maybe PG cruises will pipe in here!

Wow, that's really funny, and great. I remember our first two Seven Seas Society gatherings on the PG (the repeater's party.) Both times there were about 30 people there (and that was rssc repeaters, not just PG!) They were in 2003 and 2005. How times have changed.

Edited by Wendy The Wanderer

Wendy when we went on RSSC PG from 2003 to 2009 we found there was an upswing of repeaters. In 2009 November I was not the only person openly weeping when they sang the PG song on the last day. The lady behind me had been three times and was really sad she couldnt go back once RSSC withdrew.

As I have said before there is a core of repeaters on the PG. People like Motu, Tat, hrprof, Michael and others who have been time and time again both when it was part of RSSC/rad and under the newer management. I once met someone who had been 35 times. 10 -12 times is not unusual. I am only a junior member of this club!

Wendy when we went on RSSC PG from 2003 to 2009 we found there was an upswing of repeaters. ... I am only a junior member of this club!

I suspect that was the case in 2008. That's when we met CruiserDreamer (Carol and Rodolfo), and Vaitape (Brooke, the FP expert). But we didn't even go to the repeater's party that time, at least I don't remember doing so.

I suspect that was the case in 2008. That's when we met CruiserDreamer (Carol and Rodolfo), and Vaitape (Brooke, the FP expert). But we didn't even go to the repeater's party that time, at least I don't remember doing so.

We always went to the repeaters party for the unlimited caviar. I cannot even remember attending last year on Regent .

I think in 2009 there were a lot of folks who thought that it would be the last time on PG. I think Regent sold it in that vein as well.

We were very excited to welcome 53% of loyal past guests back to the m/s Paul Gauguin on our August 18th sailing from Cairns to Fiji. Although this was our second highest past guest sailing, our record breaking cruise was from Brisbane to Papeete in January of 2012 with 57% past guests onboard.