Free Stuff to do at Key West

kramonas

For only $2.00 pp you can visit the Casa Antigua where Ernest and Pauline lived when they first visited Key West. It's 314 Simonton and you enter through the unfortunately named Pelican Poop. (If you buy a souvenir there you can enter the Casa for free)

ry%3D400

Pjk

Southern most point in the continental U.S. you mean. Hawaii is much further south, but Floridians tend to forget that. :p:D

Not by much! KW is at 24 degrees N and HI is from 19 - 22 degrees N. They are pretty close to even, although HI wins by a degree or two. ;)

Go to the "Top" of the LaConcha hotel on 400 block of Duval St. Tallest building in town and a fabulous 360 view and photo opportunity. Close to the ports

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The bar up there closed round about 4/14/14.

Pjk

This may sound crazy but one of the best things my mom and I did for free in Key West was walk to the graveyard and look around. It was really, really interesting. Because of the water table in Key West most of the grave sites are above ground. It was so interesting walking through and seeing the graves, reading the stones, etc. Unlike any graveyard I've been to. Now, I don't typically have a thing for walking around graveyards but my mom did. Therefore, I took her to the one in Key West. It really was fascinating.

• 1 month later...
This may sound crazy but one of the best things my mom and I did for free in Key West was walk to the graveyard and look around. It was really, really interesting. Because of the water table in Key West most of the grave sites are above ground. It was so interesting walking through and seeing the graves, reading the stones, etc. Unlike any graveyard I've been to. Now, I don't typically have a thing for walking around graveyards but my mom did. Therefore, I took her to the one in Key West. It really was fascinating.

My husband and I enjoy touring cemeteries; have been to some fantastic ones! I will have to research this one to see if we want to spend any of the few hours we have in Key West.

What's the Ho Ho? 😳

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

They are referring to the hop on hop off trolley in Key West. There are two companies operating them Old Town Trolley and City View Trolley. The experience is basically the same with City View having the newer equipment at a better price.

Mike:)

They are referring to the hop on hop off trolley in Key West. There are two companies operating them Old Town Trolley and City View Trolley. The experience is basically the same with City View having the newer equipment at a better price.

Mike:)

Thank you 😊 for the explanation. Makes sense now. I am actually doing the City View HoHo in September. Got a great rate for four people on Groupon.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

• 1 month later...
A wonderful place with free admission is West Martello tower at 1100 Atlantoc avenue Not many people go there. The tour shuttle driver had not even heard of it It is an old fort that was taken over by the Key West Garden club. We (a couple of seniors) were able to walk to it. There are different gardens in and around the fort. You can also go into the office area to see what is left of the old fort. There is one peace garden where you can sit and look out over the ocean. Next to the fort is the cemetery and memorial to the slaves brought on the ships from Africa. It is very touching

This one is definitely on my list. C'mon a former fort (something made for war) recycled into a peace garden, how awesome is that. I hear they have a peace bell for people to ring also. Plus when travelling I love seeing indigenous flowers and scenic views and for Free even better. I should've been a hippie. Thanks for adding this one to list Queen Mimi I'm looking forward to it. Also thanks Kramonas for starting this list and everyone else who contributed:)

A wonderful place with free admission is West Martello tower at 1100 Atlantoc avenue Not many people go there. The tour shuttle driver had not even heard of it It is an old fort that was taken over by the Key West Garden club. We (a couple of seniors) were able to walk to it. There are different gardens in and around the fort. You can also go into the office area to see what is left of the old fort. There is one peace garden where you can sit and look out over the ocean. Next to the fort is the cemetery and memorial to the slaves brought on the ships from Africa. It is very touching

This one is definitely on my list. C'mon a former fort (something made for war) recycled into a peace garden, how awesome is that. I hear they have a peace bell for people to ring also. Plus when travelling I love seeing indigenous flowers and scenic views and for Free even better. I should've been a hippie. Thanks for adding this one to list Queen Mimi I'm looking forward to it. Also thanks Kramonas for starting this list and everyone else who contributed:)

We got there via cityview trolley as this is at one of their stops. We were there on a Sunday and the local orchid club was having a meeting. Members had brought their orchids to show and they were amazing.

That would be Kermit's. Best key lime pie you'll ever had, and this coming from a guy who doesn't like key lime pie, but the stuff on a stick is excellent.

So Kermit's is the best place in Key West for Key Lime Pie (on a plate with a cup of coffee)?

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Oasis does not go to Key West.

Checked the 5/4 sailing and 5/5'you will be in Nassau, Bahamas.

I don't think the Oasis will even fit in the channel at Key West.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I thought the same thing.. lol