Tell me about the drink packages...

the_princess

thanks Pete. I learned since were with group, everyone has to do all inc, and they are not interested.

We are probably doing 1 beer pkg 73 US and 3 cheap wine pkg 93 US each

Speaking of wine, do they let you bring on any during the ports or not??

If you bring it on and they find it (they x ray all luggage and hand luggage at all ports), they will "take care of it" for you and return it to you at the end of the cruise.

So basically the answer is no!

Pete

Edited by Skier52

I learned since were with group, everyone has to do all inc, and they are not interested.

On my last cruise I was deemed to be part of a group as the cruise was part of a trip which included a guided tour to Italy. I was unable to prebook the Allegrissimo. However, as soon as I received my cruise card I was then able to purchase the drinks package in the terminal before boarding (this was in Venice)! It did incur the 15% sc but is still fantastic value.

Although why I was suddenly not linked to the group still puzzles me. I was travelling with another couple and they didn't have to buy it even though their booking was included on our travel documentation :rolleyes:

Yeah, it's for a European cruise. I read somewhere, that you can save the 15 % if you buy it before you sail? Is that still true?

As Amo stated, pre-book,(order) don't pre- buy!

Why?

Cause pre-booking gets added to your on board expenses, and for every $200. in on board expenses you get an extra point in the loyalty club, which you can join at the end of your cruise, and get %'s off future cruises, and added benes!:D

Also pre-booking doesn't get charged the 15% gratuity like pre-buying!

You should be able to book it yourself through the website.

At the top of the page go to ONBOARD SERVICES, and your allegrissimo packages will show. You just need your booking number.

I booked through a travel agent and was able to book packages excursions etc myself.

maryann2 is correct, you can book online as we did after purchasing our cruise through a TA! Follow her instructions and save 15%!:eek:

At that price in Europe, the drink pkge is a great value!

If you add it to your onboard spending, the amount will go towards additional pts. in the loyalty club! If you pre-pay, the amount will not go towards extra pts. in the loyalty club! :D

Remember to join the loyalty club when you come home, the pts. add up fast, and currently 100 pts. = 20% off future cruises, and many other freebies/benes.!:D

Hope this helps.

The Allegrissimo is definitely the way to go as others have said as, a) you will underestimate how much you will drink during your cruise, b) booking before you sail you save the 15%, c) gives you peace of mind that you know what your onboard spend is going to be and d) and goes towards your loyalty points.

My husband and I aren't big drinkers but do like a wee beer or two and a cocktail (both alcoholic and virgin) and this package saved us money. We are not wine drinkers so this was the best option for us. We worked out that on average we consumed per day, 4 small bottles of water and 1-2 large bottles, 1 ice cream, 2 virgin cocktails and 2 alcoholic cocktails or beers a day each. We always had water with our meals and drank water in the cabin so you forget that this is also added to your bill. We worked out that on average we spent circa 35-40 euros a day incl the 15% each, so you really are saving a lot of money by choosing the Allegrissimo.

thanks Pete. I learned since were with group, everyone has to do all inc, and they are not interested.

We are probably doing 1 beer pkg 73 US and 3 cheap wine pkg 93 US each

Speaking of wine, do they let you bring on any during the ports or not??

I have no idea where this sad, defeatist spirit in English-speaking nations came from. We are told what the rule is and we obey. The Mediterranean way is to do what the hell you want to until you are stopped, even then, shout about it.

I have never heard of anyone in a group being told that they could not book Allegrissimo unless everyone else did. Just book it and be dammed!

Sigh.

Clarification on the wine (by the bottle) packages, please. On the website it sounds as if the wines are unlisted and at the "choice of the sommelier" and consist of a specific mix of wines. For example, the four bottle package of 1 white, 2 red and 1 rose. Is that correct? Or do you get to choose four bottles from a choice of a white, 2 reds and a rose? Specifically, on that package can you select to just get 4 bottles of white wine?

I have to recommend one of the all inclusive drink packages if you drink at all. Individual drinks are expensive and it's they can add up quicker than you would think. We are not heavy drinkers but we do appreciate good drinks. The US Allegrissimo package offers sodas, well drinks, juices, shakes, ice cream, beers and wines etc. for $44 per day pp. The US Alligrissimo Premium package is $57 a day, but includes top shelf liquors, some nicer champagnes, espressos and coffee drinks, pastries real gelato, and liquor, sodas and water from the mini-bar in your room. We don't drink the included $22 a shot Scotch, but the best champagne on the list is really good. Even tasting good cognac was a treat. A Bloody Mary or Mimosa made us feel as special as we are. Wine with dinner? No problem. The dining room staff will make a suggestion and even let us take the rest of the bottle with us if we wanted.

A downfall is that everyone in the cabin has to order a package (no sharing), and it does not apply to some group rates. As pointed out before, pre-order at least a week before sailing. You don't have the added 15% gratuity added to every drink, and the cost won't be charged until the end of your trip. Enjoy and have a great cruise. Doug

On the Fantasia price list for the 4 bottle package, it says at dinner table or at bar. Just want to clarify for husband, have any of you used it a bar. Do they give you the unfinished bottle?

If you are talking about a wine package. You get 4 vouchers in a book for the bottles in your package. You hand over a voucher they give you the bottle. It is yours whether you finish it or not. They will keep it to the next night if you don't finish it at dinner.

I've only used a wine package once and only used it at dinner in the MDR, so have no experience of using it in a bar. I'd imagine it might have to be the wine bar as they don't have a very big range of wines in all the other bars. I'm don't know what is in your package but if it's house wines or similar, I could see that being available at a bar.

Firstly, Doug how are you? Sandra here from Liberty TA a couple of years ago. Hope you are well. The boys are growing up fast.

Regarding the wine and being able to mix the bottles. Some of the packages say they have to be as specified others don't. On our Preziosa cruise this year they initially told us we had to have so many white, red etc, but in reality after a few days they did not care and we chose what we wanted. We might have been lucky, and would not have minded if we were restricted, so if it is a big deal to you, perhaps check by asking the question on Facebook. They respond very quickly on social media, in my experience.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Would appreciate your thoughts. On the Splendida last year, we had a very pleasant waiter and when I asked for wine, was given this by the glass but topped up when he noticed that I was ready. However as my DH does not drink wine, every evening there was at least half a bottle left. Can this be taken away with you if you wanted to sit in your cabin? We are due to go on the Fantasia on 26th October.

Annx