Just Returned, Oasis. Frequent questions on Cruise Critic.

Are there hour restrictions for the 3 drinks per night? We are trying to decide if we need to purchase a drink package, or buy by the drink, which is normally wine and beer. If we get 3 drinks free of charge at night, with unrestricted hours, the package would be more than we need.

Yes, there are hour restrictions on the 3 drink vouchers. They would normally be restricted to 5pm to 8:30pm as this is the typical time period for the Diamond Lounge cocktail hour. Actual time period may vary by ship.

Were there people on the inside using binoculars? My cruising friend tried Oasis and some guy was watching people from above. How tacky!

We had a complimentary pair of binoculars in our GS on Liberty this month, and we had a blast looking through them at all kinds of views. May this was the situation?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We just got off the same cruise as well and had a great time. Did not make it to Johnny Rocket's but did the Park Cafe and Solarium Breakfast a number of times (would highly recommend both areas). The 2 improv comedy shows were very funny, the Hairspray production was excellent (and we are "cruise theater snobs" since we go to a number of Broadway shows throughout the year). Entertainment seemed to be better than my other recent cruises (last on NCL and Celebrity in the last 2 years). Oasis has a lot to offer (many entertainment options and different food areas). Not sure how we will ever go back to a smaller ship.

I'm going on one of the Oasis 5-night Mediterranean cruises, so this question may not translate versus the regular 7-night sailing, but how do they schedule the improv shows? You said you saw 2 - do the comedians do every other days? Or 1/2 the week is one, then the other? Etc. I think I have the comedy club scheduled on consecutive nights and I'm hoping not to see the same show. Thank you.

We had a complimentary pair of binoculars in our GS on Liberty this month, and we had a blast looking through them at all kinds of views. May this was the situation?

Well if you are facing the ocean who cares? Not unless you pull up next to that Norwegian Epic with all the see-through showers. But they have no business encouraging that kind of behavior INSIDE the ship. Rear Window of the Seas is to each their own!

We just got off the same cruise as well and had a great time. Did not make it to Johnny Rocket's but did the Park Cafe and Solarium Breakfast a number of times (would highly recommend both areas). The 2 improv comedy shows were very funny, the Hairspray production was excellent (and we are "cruise theater snobs" since we go to a number of Broadway shows throughout the year). Entertainment seemed to be better than my other recent cruises (last on NCL and Celebrity in the last 2 years). Oasis has a lot to offer (many entertainment options and different food areas). Not sure how we will ever go back to a smaller ship.

Thanks for your comments. Do you feel the Improv Comedy shows would be appropriate for a 12 year old or are they more for adults?

Thanks for this. We will be boarding Oasis in a few weeks and the information about the dressing up on formal nights was useful. We like to dress up but wondered whether it was worth taking our formal wear as we thought it may be quite casual on a one week Caribbean cruise. You've made our minds up - formal wear it is :)

I have a question regarding the Diamond lounge - did they use the actual lounge on deck 6 or did they use Dazzles? I understand that when there are a lot of D members onboard they don't use the lounge but we really enjoyed spending time there on Allure.

...I have a question regarding the Diamond lounge - did they use the actual lounge on deck 6 or did they use Dazzles? I understand that when there are a lot of D members onboard they don't use the lounge but we really enjoyed spending time there on Allure.

Even when they have enough guests to open an overflow venue, the DL is still available for continental breakfast and 24 hour specialty coffee.

Well if you are facing the ocean who cares? Not unless you pull up next to that Norwegian Epic with all the see-through showers. But they have no business encouraging that kind of behavior INSIDE the ship. Rear Window of the Seas is to each their own!

What kind of behavior? Looking through binoculars? We often sit outside the pub on the Promenade and people watch, if someone wants to sit on their own balcony and do that, why do you have such a problem with it?

Thanks for this. We will be boarding Oasis in a few weeks and the information about the dressing up on formal nights was useful. We like to dress up but wondered whether it was worth taking our formal wear as we thought it may be quite casual on a one week Caribbean cruise. You've made our minds up - formal wear it is :)

I have a question regarding the Diamond lounge - did they use the actual lounge on deck 6 or did they use Dazzles? I understand that when there are a lot of D members onboard they don't use the lounge but we really enjoyed spending time there on Allure.

When I was on Oasis they used Blaze for the cocktail hour. It will be interesting to see how this will be handled on the TAs when there will be soooo many Diamonds and up.

When I was on Oasis they used Blaze for the cocktail hour. It will be interesting to see how this will be handled on the TAs when there will be soooo many Diamonds and up.

Possibly they will be using the drink vouchers by then, so they won't have to open an alternate venue.

Thanks for your comments. Do you feel the Improv Comedy shows would be appropriate for a 12 year old or are they more for adults?

If you are referring to the Comedy Club the shows are definitely for adults only. In fact I believe that when you make your reservation it states for ages 18 and up only.

I'm a little confused. If someone is using the binoculars to look into another stateroom (maybe from another Boardwalk stateroom perhaps), then yes, I would have an issue with that. But using them to simply look around, be it at the sea and surrounding area, or the ship itself, well I think the issue here is yours and yours alone.

Didn't see as many tuxs as in the past; however, mostly suits/shirts with tie; ladies were very well dressed - lots of very high heels especially on the younger set!

Diamond Lounge on deck 6 was the location for the evening cocktail event. Concierge said since the loading of three drinks on sea pass card that they have no longer used Blaze or Dazzles. Lounge was not crowded. They did have hot and cold appetizers.

Not sure how it will be handled on a TA. However, last week the Diamond concierge said it would now only be in the Diamond Lounge in view of the three drinks on the sea pass card.

What kind of behavior? Looking through binoculars? We often sit outside the pub on the Promenade and people watch, if someone wants to sit on their own balcony and do that, why do you have such a problem with it?

I don't choose ships that are floating malls because I have a mall at home. I don't choose ships with an inside park because I have one down the street. I don't choose ships that are turned into giant lawns because I have a yard. I don't bring my binoculars to stare at people because I like interacting with with them and focus on the SEA!!! What's next inside cars and traffic jams for a giant asphalt themed ship? Classic cruisers must be rolling in their graves as to what this is all turning into. :eek:

"We are booked in crown loft 1734. Can we see the diving shows"

Although CLS numbers 1732, 1730 and 1728 are centered on the back of deck 17 and therefore have the best view of the aquatheatre, You are still able to see most of the diving shows from 1734 (especially if you stand on the right side of your balcony) and 1726.

You wont be able to see the left side projection screen...but you will be able to see the right side.

Edited by DCT61

Possibly they will be using the drink vouchers by then, so they won't have to open an alternate venue.

We have already been notified that we will have the vouchers. From other comments it sounds like it is working to spread the Diamonds into other lounges.

On the last night of your cruise, there will be a comedy show in the main theater. This show will be family friendly.

Didn't see as many tuxs as in the past; however, mostly suits/shirts with tie; ladies were very well dressed - lots of very high heels especially on the younger set!

Diamond Lounge on deck 6 was the location for the evening cocktail event. Concierge said since the loading of three drinks on sea pass card that they have no longer used Blaze or Dazzles. Lounge was not crowded. They did have hot and cold appetizers.

Excellent. Thanks for that. We're taking our sons on Oasis and had told them what a great people-watching place the balcony of the D lounge is for pre-dinner drinks :D

I don't choose ships that are floating malls because I have a mall at home. I don't choose ships with an inside park because I have one down the street. I don't choose ships that are turned into giant lawns because I have a yard. I don't bring my binoculars to stare at people because I like interacting with with them and focus on the SEA!!! What's next inside cars and traffic jams for a giant asphalt themed ship? Classic cruisers must be rolling in their graves as to what this is all turning into. :eek:

Why are you even on this thread then? This is about Oasis of The Seas, a ship that, from the sounds of it, you have no desire to experience. That's fine, I have no desire to do a river cruise. But you know what I don't do? I don't frequent threads about river cruising and then trash them. To me, doing that would be self-serving, shallow and pathetic. But look at the bright side, you wear those attributes well!:rolleyes:

Yes, there are hour restrictions on the 3 drink vouchers. They would normally be restricted to 5pm to 8:30pm as this is the typical time period for the Diamond Lounge cocktail hour. Actual time period may vary by ship.

Are passengers allowed to get a drink and walk with it? Say we pick up a drink at 5:00, and go to our stateroom to ready for the evening. Then we would stop back by a bar before entertainment. I don't think that I can drink more than two drinks in that 3.5 hour time frame. :rolleyes: Could I order a wine and take to late dinner seating with me?

We have already been notified that we will have the vouchers. From other comments it sounds like it is working to spread the Diamonds into other lounges.

Hi, who notified you and did the notification give the restrictions?

Are passengers allowed to get a drink and walk with it? Say we pick up a drink at 5:00, and go to our stateroom to ready for the evening. Then we would stop back by a bar before entertainment. I don't think that I can drink more than two drinks in that 3.5 hour time frame. :rolleyes: Could I order a wine and take to late dinner seating with me?

Hi, who notified you and did the notification give the restrictions?

Yes, from the bars. I picked up a drink around 6:00 p.m. from Dazzles, went to my stateroom and got ready for dinner, and then stopped back to get another drink to take to dinner.

Diamond lounge concierge and concierge club concierge did not allow drinks to be taken out of the lounge - there were signs saying that food and drinks had to be consumed in the lounge. I did see them "gently" tell someone so.

Received an e-mail prior to the cruise. There was also a letter in stateroom outlining the new three drinks on your sea pass card policy.

Edited by PMcC1998