"Carnival Live" Concert Cruises? Cool.

TrqoisWtrs

Ugh. What a bunch of BLEEP

Yes! I was sweating that they were going to put this entertainment on MY cruise!

Most of these performers are washed up has beens who can't fill a county fair. LeAnn Rimes? She's been touring zoo's and can't fill them with $10 tickets, yet they are going to charge $20-$50 a ticket or $100-$150 for VIP??? Seriously. :rolleyes:

I'm sure this will be successful as people will pay to say they did it...though it would be funny to see nobody show up for REO or some of the other way over done groups on the list. There are always those folks on board who 'love' so and so and will run to see them, probably spending the $100 on the meet and greet.

Others will consider it a night that they will be blocked out of the main lounge for an event that requires an upsell and many will be confused. To new cruisers who know no different, its no big deal...to those that have watched things go from where they were to where they're going, its a hard thing to keep watching.

I get the image of a bunch of groupies wearing their brand new inch of gold jewelry, drinking their DoD, getting in line for the meet and greet to get their picture taken that will be later sold back to them by CCL...

I took an email survey from Carnival a few months ago that covered this subject.

It seems the tickets are somewhat overpriced for the majority of the performers listed. Living in Nashville, TN very few of the listed performers would play a venue much larger than the Wildhorse Saloon and the tickets wouldn't be much more than $20. The VIP tickets seem to be overpriced.

The rules of canceling a cruise where the performer cancels the show seem somewhat harsh as well.

Are the bar waiter going to get in the way of seeing the show?

There seem to be a lot of additional questions that could be asked.

Matt

Seems like this is it. Still nothing to address the deficit of entertainment on your average Carnival cruise. Very disappointed.
Other than this:

In addition to the Carnival LIVE Concert Series, Carnival is also enhancing its popular shipboard house bands. The bands will feature both male and female lead singers, a more choreographed, themed and diverse set list, and increased interaction with guests. Nine Carnival ships currently feature the new bands, with implementation across the full fleet over the course of this year.

I am sure to get flamed for this but I will say it anyway.

It is nice to have a different option for entertainment. And yes, there is an additional cost. HOWEVER, no one is twisting anyone's arm to go to this. So, if you don't like it, just don't go. But, some people do like the entertainers they are bringing onboard and let them enjoy it.

So, if you don't like it, just move on. No need to bad-mouth others or the company.

I found the dates for the Paradise. April 19, May 12, May 31, August 18.

The prices are considerably more than what they are over Spring Break. May 31 is $509 pp for an inside stateroom.

It shows Day 4 Carnival Live Concert in the itinerary.

That is what I am looking forward to

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

On the Paradise we usually arrive at 9 AM. Perfect to visit Mr. Sanchos for the day. During the select dates with this program you will not dock until 11 AM.