New Orleans Questions

Carriecruises

1. Is there a website for the street cars? (maps, etc?)

2. I understand that it is $1.25 per ride, per person on the street car and you can purchase a day pass. Where do you purchase these day passes? (I've never been on a street car)

3. I want to do the Cemetery #1 tour on Monday before our ship leaves. Our ship leaves at 4:00pm. The tour starts at 10:30am. Will I have time?

4. I see that Carnival offers a transfer from port to airport for $23.50 per person. Is it worth it? Our flight isn't until 2:30pm and the ship arrives at 8:00am. Would my mom, husband and I be better off just taking a cab?

Thank you in advance.

1. http://www.norta.com/Maps-Schedules.aspx

2. You purchase the street car passes on the street car. Please have exact change, the machine does take bills.

3. Not sure, never took that tour....

4. The Louis Armstrong International Airport (MSY) is approximately 17 miles from the cruise terminal complexes. Please allow approximately 45 minutes travel time. There are three basic means of transportation from the airport to the cruise terminal. The following numbers and rates are as of March 21, 2012 for transportation between the airport and the cruise terminal complexes:

Airport Shuttle - (504) 522-3500 -

Kiosks in the baggage area of the airport, walk up service. $20 per person one way.

Airport Limousine - (504) 305-2450 -

Kiosks in the baggage area of the airport, walk up service. Rates start at $58 for one or two passengers.

Taxis - Flat fee of $35 for the first two persons, $12 per person for three or more, plus a $1 fuel surcharge per trip (not passenger).

Edited by pathubia

Agree with taking the taxi to the airport. Also there is no reason to be up and out early. You don't really have enough time to do much before heading to the airport so I would enjoy a leisurely breakfast before disembarking. There isn't much to do at the airport other than to drink overpriced cocktails and expensive food.

1. http://www.norta.com/Maps-Schedules.aspx

2. You purchase the street car passes on the street car. Please have exact change, the machine does take bills.

3. Not sure, never took that tour....

4. The Louis Armstrong International Airport (MSY) is approximately 17 miles from the cruise terminal complexes. Please allow approximately 45 minutes travel time. There are three basic means of transportation from the airport to the cruise terminal. The following numbers and rates are as of March 21, 2012 for transportation between the airport and the cruise terminal complexes:

Airport Shuttle - (504) 522-3500 -

Kiosks in the baggage area of the airport, walk up service. $20 per person one way.

Airport Limousine - (504) 305-2450 -

Kiosks in the baggage area of the airport, walk up service. Rates start at $58 for one or two passengers.

Taxis - Flat fee of $35 for the first two persons, $12 per person for three or more, plus a $1 fuel surcharge per trip (not passenger).

Why post outdated information?

Cab fare- $36 up to 2 people, $15 pp 3 and more.

Airport shuttle bus- $24 one way, $44 round trip

Your Cemetery tour has time duration? how long? You'd need to return to your hotel for your bags, where are you staying?

You need to check in by 2:30p A ball park would be to add an hour to your tour end time. Add more, depending where you stay and how fast you can walk. :) Does that get you to the ship before 2:30p??