Transportation and lodging after cruise?

Taylors

We will be staying overnight after our cruise in January. Its a one way into NOL from San Juan. I'm a bit overwhelmed with the logistics!

Are there any hotels that pick up at the port? That may also have an airport shuttle? Or favorite hotels with an airport shuttle that is a reasonable taxi fare for 6 people?

Our initial plan was for one member of our group to taxi to the airport to pick up a car, then come back. But it sounds like it's a long round trip drive. I did see a couple companies have locations close to the port, but the fees for a one way and the extra cost of the rental are pretty high. Is it reasonable not to have one? How car dependent is the city?

We will be staying overnight after our cruise in January. Its a one way into NOL from San Juan. I'm a bit overwhelmed with the logistics!

Are there any hotels that pick up at the port? That may also have an airport shuttle? Or favorite hotels with an airport shuttle that is a reasonable taxi fare for 6 people?

Our initial plan was for one member of our group to taxi to the airport to pick up a car, then come back. But it sounds like it's a long round trip drive. I did see a couple companies have locations close to the port, but the fees for a one way and the extra cost of the rental are pretty high. Is it reasonable not to have one? How car dependent is the city?

When we go to NOLA, we park our car and it never leaves the parking spot until it's time to go home. NOLA is not a "car dependent" city. It's very walkable, plus has the street car system that is very reasonable.

Good to know about the car! How about any hotels that have a shuttle to/from either the port or airport?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Sorry, can't help you there as we always drive in since we're just 3 hours away. I'm sure someone on here can provide some suggestions though.

There aren't any downtown/FQ hotels, that offer shuttle service. Airport hotels do, but, you don't want to stay out there, if you want any NO touring.

Just take a cab- or use other public transportation- I usually do- but it does require no mobility limits and packing light. ;)

I usually stay at the LaQuinta on Camp, but have also stayed at the Hilton Riverside, Harrads, Marriott, and a few that have changed hands. :)