Cruise Secrets Exposed

ERLEC

I haven't read it, but I can't imagine that there is anything in it that hasn't been discussed at length on this board............;)

yesterday i was doing a search for Packing Lists when i came across a book 101 Cruising secrets something like that...under $20 and when i read the reviews it said that it was tips you could probably find out on the various cruise boards something like that...so i cant imagine what SECRETs as EVERYTHING is pretty much EXPOSED here:D

Sounds like it could not be worth it but you never know. I have gotten books with info for places that were no help at all and then again I found some books with so much secret info in it that you would NEVER find it all in a board. Its rare though to find a good one.

Thanks for your comments.

One of the secrets apparently is to get on the cruiseline VIP list in order to get bonues, upgrades and other free stuff. Anybody knows how to get on that VIP list?

Take a cruise on one of their ships. Go on one Carnival Corp line (HAL, Princess, Carnival, Cunard etc) and you become VIP on all of them. BUT, the VIP rates are no big deal. Better advice is to find a good discount TA, who will get you a lot more than the VIP rates. And the upgrades and free stuff for being a VIP are pretty much a myth, mostly it is $100 discount for booking early. Big Whoop.

Take a cruise on one of their ships. Go on one Carnival Corp line (HAL, Princess, Carnival, Cunard etc) and you become VIP on all of them. BUT, the VIP rates are no big deal. Better advice is to find a good discount TA, who will get you a lot more than the VIP rates. And the upgrades and free stuff for being a VIP are pretty much a myth, mostly it is $100 discount for booking early. Big Whoop.

Being a member of a cruise line's frequent cruiser club (which is what you are describing) is not the same as being on the VIP list. If you're on the VIP list you may get amenities, depending on the cruise line, that are not afforded to frequent cruisers, or are provided to frequent cruisers who hold a higher status than yours.

This isn't at all accurate.

To be VIP you must either be booked in a Cat 11 or 12 suite (regardless of past guest status) or upon your 10th Carnival sailing you become a Platinum Guest with full VIP benefits.

VIP benefits do not extend between the sister cruise lines, but past guest status (lower rates) do.

My Platinum VIP benefits include:

*Priority Embarkation/Debarkation and Tendering

#This is the only perk given to guests in suites that are not Platinum.

*Guaranteed Dining times and reservations

*Chocolate covered strawberries in cabin 1 evening

*A canape tray in cabin 1 evening

*Separate line at Guest Services

*Personalized Stationary

*Concierge Gift (I have several thermos, tote bags, picture frames)

*Free entry into either the Slot or Blackjack tournament

Being a member of a cruise line's frequent cruiser club (which is what you are describing) is not the same as being on the VIP list. ....
Nope, I am describing the Carnival corporation VIP program...see below for links. I am not describing the Captain's Circle, or the other Gold/Platinum/Elite benefit level programs. I am especially not describing any other super duper special list that is not a published program. ;)

This isn't at all accurate.

To be VIP you must either be booked in a Cat 11 or 12 suite (regardless of past guest status) or upon your 10th Carnival sailing you become a Platinum Guest with full VIP benefits.

VIP benefits do not extend between the sister cruise lines, but past guest status (lower rates) do.

My Platinum VIP benefits include:

*Priority Embarkation/Debarkation and Tendering

#This is the only perk given to guests in suites that are not Platinum.

*Guaranteed Dining times and reservations

*Chocolate covered strawberries in cabin 1 evening

*A canape tray in cabin 1 evening

*Separate line at Guest Services

*Personalized Stationary

*Concierge Gift (I have several thermos, tote bags, picture frames)

*Free entry into either the Slot or Blackjack tournament

Sorry, but you are not describing the VIP program, you are describing the frequent cruiser program, which in your case is Platinum.

The VIP program for Carnival Corp is described on the back of this HAL brochure. It is so minor as to be almost worthless, but this IS the VIP program of Carnival Corporation:

http://www.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/hal/caribmex0809/index.php?startid=Cover4

• 8 months later...

Since this old thread has been resurrected -

Nope, I am describing the Carnival corporation VIP program.
CCL's VIP (Vacation Interchange Privileges - as your link spells out) is VERY different than the VIP (Very Important Person) the others are talking about. We're not talking a difference of apples and oranges, but apples and rocks. CCL's VIP gets one a minimal discount (at best), while the others are talking about being treated 'better', party invitations.....

Is there any people here that actually ordered the eBook from cruisesecretsexposed.com?

If so, is this really worth the 34$?

Is it worth $34.00. Maybe. What is your time worth to you? As others have stated, you can get some very good information by asking questions on this board. You can also spend a great deal of time doing so. There are a couple of suggestions to get perks that aren't generally discussed on this board, but most of the other information has been discussed ad nauseum.

In any event, the e-book comes with a money back guarantee. If you don't think the information it's worth what it costs, you can get your money back.

Archived