Best excursions for Western Caribbean: Allure of the Seas

pbackus

We will be going to Labadee, Cozumel, and Falmouth on our cruise in September. If you were to pick one or two things in each place to do, what would they be. I don't want to miss the good stuff. What about buying jewlery in Cozumel, Mexico. Is it really that much cheaper? Thank you!!

This is a private tour.

I liked the Snorkle tour that was 6 hours long. they gave you a lunch and you go to three different areas for snorkling. Paridise Island Escape throught ths ship was good too. For Cozumel. Falsmounth no one has been to yet. The port is not opened yet. Labade do Zip line over the ocean.

We're definitely doing the Cozumel Bar Hop in May. I love their slogan: We'll drive you to drink!

Looks like a blast.

Have been to Cozumel twice, both times years ago, and never made it past Carlos 'n' Charlie's either time, so it will be fun to see other parts of the island.

I'm hoping that the Allure is still stopping at Costa Maya in May. If not, we'll just treat the Falmouth stop as a sea day, and will likely do the same at Labadee.

How about in Falmouth, Jamaica. Has anyone been to the Glistening Waters Lagoon. I'll double check on Travel Advisor but was looking for some more advice.

Check your arrival/departure times for Falmouth. I had been looking into it for my sailing as well, but the ship leaves before the Glistening Waters Lagoon opens. The glowing effects apparently aren't really visible during the daytime.

Mr. Sanchos beach in Cozumel. It is a $15 cab ride and then free to get in. You can pay for mats, umbrellas and food. Chairs are free too. If you want to pay $50 pp you can get everything for free for the entire day...food, drink, mats, snorkel equip...it is a great deal!

I have not been to the western caribbean in a bit, but jewlery prices last time were not great even after an hour of haggling. Maybe prices are better now?

Cozumel- mr. sanchos', nachi cocoum or paradise isle all good places.

I don't get off the ship in Jamaica.

Question about the private Cozumel Bar Hop tour...

According to their website:

Tour leaves daily Mon-Sat at 10.30am from our convenient pick-up point located downtown at Punta Langosta Pier.

Can someone tell me where the Punta Langosta Pier is, in relation to the ship? Is it within walking distance?

Stupid question... does the Allure dock or tender at Cozumel?

Question about the private Cozumel Bar Hop tour...

According to their website:

Tour leaves daily Mon-Sat at 10.30am from our convenient pick-up point located downtown at Punta Langosta Pier.

Can someone tell me where the Punta Langosta Pier is, in relation to the ship? Is it within walking distance?

Stupid question... does the Allure dock or tender at Cozumel?

The Allure docks

Don't miss Labadee. We are not beach people but we had a great time last July. We did the roller coaster, sat on the beach and ate lunch. My dh could not go in the water because he had fallen in PR the day before and had an open sore on his knee but we both enjoyed ourselves. We also climbed up the dragon rock. Really something to see and hear.

PBACKUS,

I just noticed we are on the same sailing of the Allure in September - RCL opened up the excursion page for Falmoth on their web page, my wife and i are looking to do some adventure stuff this go around. As for Cozumel, drinking and shopping if you are not scuba diving. Shopping is the same crap, same half hour of haggling, different island. Labadee is the type of island I desire - relaxing, fun and set aside. Looking forward to the roller coaster and a climb. last time, it rained. While there is no Meet and Mingle scheduled for our sailing as of today, should look to get one established - till then, happy planning.

Nassau: Sheraton: many pools, waterfalls and Cable Beach $25 look at the Bahamas site for other excursions. St. Maarten: I would like to go to the beach near the airport or Orient Beach on the French side is very beautiful. St. Thomas: many excursions, check their site here on Cruise Critic (USVI).

Archived