Any shops/restaurants at World Cruise Terminal?

watsonbean

We leave for our MR cruise on the Wonder out of LA next Sunday. Our flight gets in at 10:45 am and we have a limo service to the port (self-arranged), which means we will be getting to the port betwen 11:30-12 (after getting bags, traffic, etc). Our "terminal arrival time" from Disney is 3pm. I've read mixed things on the boards about whether you can arrive before your scheduled time. If we have to wait for 3 hours, is there anything we can do at the port? Restaurants, hotels, Starbucks? I would hate to have to wait outside for 3 hours with a 5 and 7 year old, elderly grandparents and my brother in law who is in a wheelchair. Suggestions?

We leave for our MR cruise on the Wonder out of LA next Sunday. Our flight gets in at 10:45 am and we have a limo service to the port (self-arranged), which means we will be getting to the port betwen 11:30-12 (after getting bags, traffic, etc). Our "terminal arrival time" from Disney is 3pm. I've read mixed things on the boards about whether you can arrive before your scheduled time. If we have to wait for 3 hours, is there anything we can do at the port? Restaurants, hotels, Starbucks? I would hate to have to wait outside for 3 hours with a 5 and 7 year old, elderly grandparents and my brother in law who is in a wheelchair. Suggestions?

The overcrowding situation that caused the Port Arrival Time to be implemented isn't quite as dramatic for the smaller ships (Magic & Wonder).

We had 12-12:30 port arrival time for both our MR cruises. The first we arrived about 11:50 and the second right at 12:00. People were pretty much being allowed right in. We checked in and were aboard by 12:30.

Once you check in, you go through security and receive your boarding number. There is a large waiting room with lots of seats. There is also a location to sign your kids up for the clubs here and a photo location.

Once the actual boarding starts, it goes pretty quickly.

There are a couple of vending machines in the waiting area (sodas, candy). No restaurants.

My guess is, assuming that you arrive after 12:00 or so, you'll be OK. I don't think you would be waiting around outside.

:)

Archived