Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "A - O" > MSC Cruises > Q&A with Pierfrancesco Vago, Chief Executive Officer ~ MSC Cruises

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Q&A with Pierfrancesco Vago, Chief Executive Officer ~ MSC Cruises

Pierfrancesco Vago
Chief Executive Officer

Special Event: Mr. Vago was here this week; see what he had to say!

Rules for Posting
- Mr. Vago has finished answering questions; please feel free to begin discussion. Understand that Mr. Vago and staff may be monitoring these discussions, but due to the launch of their new ship will not be able to respond.

This forum will remain "open" for about a month; at which time we will archive the forum for reference.

Thank you all for your participation.

Our Community Guidelines are in effect, please be respectful of our special guest and your fellow community members.

Old March 7th, 2013, 06:40 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Cabin selection

When trying to book the spring transatlantic on Preziosa, I ran into several difficulties.

It was available with an online agent, but not with the MSC office or msc.com.

The customer agent at the German office told me on the phone she had no clue why it wasn´t availble , when it would be avialble ( she said probably June..!!) and why the online agent had it available on their website. She "was not the IT person" were her exact words. Sad and a pretty bad reply to a customer!

Anyway, the very friendly person at the online agent was able to help me with a booking and also later was actually the trigger for MSC themselves to finally make it available online at msc.com.
No further comment on this.

Now to my actual question. I was trying to get hold of a specific Cat "YC" cabin. No such luck as MSC only obviously makes specific cabins (up to 6 or 8 in total?) available, an own selection seems not possible, which I find rediculous.
Why can I not select any cabin within a specific category, why may I only select out of 6 or 8 cabins that MSC makes available at the time?

Old March 19th, 2013, 07:12 AM
Chief Executive Officer ~ MSC Cruises

We have three main types of MSC Yacht Club cabins: YC1, YC2, and YC2. It is true that it is difficult to find YC2 or YC3 on the web and even through other channels, but the simple explanation is that there are only a small number of these cabins available, and as they are very popular, they are quite often sold out, often up to one year before the cruise. It is mainly our repeaters who book up these cabins so quickly.