Azamara Journey’s propeller damaged in Japan

AzamaraJoel

Really feel for all of you. A cruise like this doesn't have a straightforward set of arrangements and I hope you get it sorted out and find a replacement. With a 75% discount off a future cruise I think I'd be looking at one of those Antarctic trips of a lifetime ;)

Phil

Just to clarify: It's not a "75% discount off a future cruise." It's a credit to be used on a future cruise of 75% of the fare you paid for the cancelled cruise.

We were also aboard when the accident took place, and from that moment on we were simply amazed at the excellent manner in which Azamara handled the situation. They took an extremely proactive approach and kept all guests well-informed. IMHO corporate policy was quickly formulated and more than fair in all respects.

This situation has caused Azamara to take a major financial "hit" in reimbursements, refunds, future discounts and loss of revenue. And they clearly have ignored that, and have put in place policies to make whole everyone effected.

I have no doubt that this situation will prove to be a blessing in disguise, and the net result will be an asset to Azamara rather than a liability.

Simply put, on a scale of 1 to 10, Azamara has earned a solid 12.

Doc

We were also on the Feb 17th cruise planning to be on the next one (we had actually also done the Feb 3rd one too :)) Yes , we were disappointed about the cancellation but we felt Azamara did everything they could to help all of us with our changes (thanks especially to Francine and Rob) in Shanghai. It certainly could have been a lot worse.

The Hyatt was just beautiful and we enjoyed our days in Shanghai.

We were assisted in getting to Hong Kong for the three days we had previously booked (just changing the dates) and had a great time. We especially want to thank the Journey staff (Captain Jason, Richard and all the others) who went out of their way to make the final days enjoyable. Yes, we were among the many who sat with Cindy and booked another cruise next year with Azamara and we look forward to it. ;)