Rambling Thoughts from Viking Odin-Romantic Danube

Rosethorn40

Have been on the Odin a couple of days now on our Romantic Danube/Christmas Markets cruise, and wanted to put a few thoughts down to help with a full review later.

First Impression-Love Viking. River cruising seems to agree with us. Cabin for the most part is comfortable (Need better pillows on the bed). Staff friendly and accommodating. Love the heated floor in the bathroom.

Food is very good. True, not a large number of choices, and if your diet consist of chicken fingers and mac & cheese you might have difficulty.

Budapest is a lovely city and I loved the castle district. Vienna is very grand and needs more time to do it properly.

Christmas Markets have been a little hit & miss. Budapest's appeared interesting, but far too crowded to see anything. Found a small market just outside St. Stephen's in Vienna today that was lovely, but the one we went to this afternoon on the bus shuttle's provided by Viking, while large, was disappointing. Almost all items appeared to be mass produced. I wasn't the only one that felt that way, but most of our fellow PAX are hopeful that the ones in Germany will live up to expectations.

If anyone has questions I will try to answer. Computer time can be hard to come by.

Last night we enjoyed the optional concert of Mozart & Strauss music. Beautiful setting and very enjoyable.

Today we traveled through the Wachua Valley-It was like traveling through a living story book. After lunch we arrived at Melk. The abbey interior is one of the most beautiful I have ever seen.

Dinner time! I'll write more later.