swimming on the Star Princess

beewee

Just beginning to plan my packing for our Baltic cruise in a couple of weeks' time. I'm trying to decide whether to pack gym clothes or just my swim suit. Is it easy to swim lengths in any of the pools, or are they too full of people? Does anybody have any other tips that would be useful exercise-wise? Thanks!

Just beginning to plan my packing for our Baltic cruise in a couple of weeks' time. I'm trying to decide whether to pack gym clothes or just my swim suit. Is it easy to swim lengths in any of the pools, or are they too full of people? Does anybody have any other tips that would be useful exercise-wise? Thanks!

I'd pack the gym clothes. Difficult to swim laps in the pools. Speed walking the deck in the am works well too.

Doesn't the Star have the swim-against-the-current pool? That's where I did my 'laps' on Sapphire....and, since it was adults only, didn't have to fight the kids for it. The adults were very good about sharing the current as well.

Doesn't the Star have the swim-against-the-current pool? That's where I did my 'laps' on Sapphire....and, since it was adults only, didn't have to fight the kids for it. The adults were very good about sharing the current as well.

Yes it does. Its the Spa pool.

is there an extra charge for the "swim against the current" pool, or was it included?

how crowded was it?

is there an extra charge for the "swim against the current" pool, or was it included?

how crowded was it?

This is the Spa pool and is available at no charge to all adults. It is rarely crowded.

how crowded was it?

Granted, we were on a cruise to Alaska, but I didn't find the Spa Pool crowded at all. Most adults spent more time in the adjacent (child-less) hot tubs than in the pool, itself. I would swim for about 15 minutes and then give up the current, allowing others their turn...but rarely was anyone waiting or, if they were, would use the current for less than 5 minutes.

And as Carabill stated, no charge to use the pool. After getting my swim in, I enjoyed going to the steam room/sauna to relax the muscles a bit....again, no charge and I never saw anyone else in them.

Archived