Suite perks on Allure of the Seas

My daughter and I have a Grand Suite reserved for the Allure of the Seas in January. Does anyone know if this ship has VIP pool seating for suite guests and if so, where is it located? Also, should I reserve shows ahead of time or wait and have the Conceriege help us with it? Does the Windjammer have any special seating for Suite guests? This is our first suite experience and want to make sure we don't miss anything.

There is a seating area for suite guests. It's located on deck 17 forward. It's not near the pool. It's called the Suite Sun Zone.

It has been my experience on both the Oasis and Allure that the concierge will give you a sticker for your SeaPass card so that you can enter any show that you want. We still make reservations though as this is not a printed perk and it could change at any time.

I did not see any special seating in the WJ. I think that they were using Izumi for suite seating but not sure. The WJ is one place that we usually try to stay away from.

Here are photos of the Suite Zone.

Day3-SuiteZone7.jpg

Day3-SuiteZone3.jpg

Day3-SuiteZone2.jpg

Day3-SuiteZone6.jpg

Thank you for the pictures. For the shows was there special seating for suite guests or was it all first come first serve? Any other suggestions would be great!

Yes, there is a reserved seating area for suite guests in the main theatre, the aqua theatre and the ice theatre.

Are there only certain hours that the concierge is open? We will be on Allure in 2 weeks and unfortunately, had a hard time booking some of the shows for the desired time or in some cases they were completely full. Since this is the first time in a suite (CL), I would like to take advantage of the suite perk of their assistance with reservations.

Thanks!

Are there only certain hours that the concierge is open? We will be on Allure in 2 weeks and unfortunately, had a hard time booking some of the shows for the desired time or in some cases they were completely full. Since this is the first time in a suite (CL), I would like to take advantage of the suite perk of their assistance with reservations.

Thanks!

Yes, the Concierge is available only certain times. You should have a letter in your stateroom when you arrive that lists the duty hours of the Concierge.

And good luck to ever going back to regular accommodations in the future. It's really hard to not have that concierge lounge once you've had it. My teens came home looking for the $bajillion coffee maker at our house. The cocktail times, friendly staff, and breakfast, lunch, and pre-dinner snacks make regular cruising seem barbaric :o

In all seriousness, we did a GS and loved it.

Thanks!

There will be staff in the Concierge Lounge when you board, or shortly thereafter, to help with all reservations.

I am looking forward to that perk. Also looking forward to ordering dinner in our room. My daughter will be 8 and this is our 3rd cruise together. She is wonderful to travel with, but sometimes the dinners in the dining room takes too long.

Breakfast in your suite is nice, too, especially that you can order whatever's being served in the dining room at that time, instead of the regular limited room service menu. One morning we had a full English breakfast and another, eggs benedict. Wonderful!

There will be a binder in your suite when you arrive that has a welcome letter and all sorts of info about all the benefits you are entitled to. It should answer all your questions and then some.

I had couple of additional questions about the concierge lounge. We received our welcome e-mail from the concierge today and I noted that it said that the dress code for the CL is smart casual and a note saying no swim or pool attire. I have always understood "smart casual" to be dinner attire and not to include shorts that one might wear during the day on the ship. Do you need to go change out of shorts in order to have breakfast or lunch in the CL?

Does anybody recall is the CL is open for lunch on the day you board?

Finally, does anybody have any words of wisdom on the cabanas on Labadee? I'm not sure if the location of the beach (standard) $150, waterfront $175 and overwater $200 is substantially different for the $ difference.

Thanks!

Only about 6 days and counting down!

The CL was not serving lunch the day we boarded Allure in late September.

You can wear shorts in the CL for breakfast and lunch. Most people do.

I think the Cabana location is a personal preference. They're all great. Do you prefer to be directly over the water, right on the beach, closest to the water, or set back a bit in a shadier location. Then you also a have hilltop location as well, which is most private. We have had a Cabana twice and loved it. Which ever you choose I think you will too.

Enjoy your cruise!

• 1 year later...

My wife and I have been on Allure (Dec 2011).....and we're booked for Oasis in Dec 2013. The Suite Sun Zone on Allure was one of the best suite perks on that ship. Can anyone please definitively confirm that Oasis also has the Suite Sun Zone that is ONLY for suite guests?

Thank you.

And good luck to ever going back to regular accommodations in the future. It's really hard to not have that concierge lounge once you've had it. My teens came home looking for the $bajillion coffee maker at our house. The cocktail times, friendly staff, and breakfast, lunch, and pre-dinner snacks make regular cruising seem barbaric :o

My wife twisted my arm and convinced me to upgrade to a GS on Oasis in January. I was worried it would spoil us for regular cruising. It sounds like you're confirming my fears.

My wife and I have been on Allure (Dec 2011).....and we're booked for Oasis in Dec 2013. The Suite Sun Zone on Allure was one of the best suite perks on that ship. Can anyone please definitively confirm that Oasis also has the Suite Sun Zone that is ONLY for suite guests?

Thank you.

Just off Oasis and I can confirm that the Suite Sun Zone is the same as on Allure.......and it's very nice!

My wife twisted my arm and convinced me to upgrade to a GS on Oasis in January. I was worried it would spoil us for regular cruising. It sounds like you're confirming my fears.

I twisted my DH's arm and convinced him to try a GS on the Oasis last January, we booked the Oasis again for next month and going with another GS was a no-brainer, it 100% spoiled us for regular cruising! :D

Archived