MDR's on Sun

fairext11

First NCL cruise, Sun, Caribbean Jan.2013.First question, of many I'm sure, about this ship, cruise, and NCL in general. There are two MDR's on the Sun. How are they different? Is one better than the other?

They are both the same. One however is for casual wear in the evenings the other you need to wear shirt with a collar. mm

Thanks everyone! We're really looking forward to our first trip on the Sun. Our cabins are on deck 5 (Atlantic), as are both MDRs. It looks like we can get to Four Seasons by walking right through the atrium. But to get to Seven Seas, will we have to go up (or down) a deck, walk to the aft stairs, and then go down (or up)? Or is there a corridor alongside Il Adagio? :confused: Thanks!

Thanks everyone! We're really looking forward to our first trip on the Sun. Our cabins are on deck 5 (Atlantic), as are both MDRs. It looks like we can get to Four Seasons by walking right through the atrium. But to get to Seven Seas, will we have to go up (or down) a deck, walk to the aft stairs, and then go down (or up)? Or is there a corridor alongside Il Adagio? :confused: Thanks!

You can walk through the 4 seasons to get to the stairway that will take you up to the 7 seas. Il Adagio is just to the rear of the 4 seasons.

I suggest rather than walking through Four Seasons to walk up the Grand Stair in the atrium and then along the promenade on your way stern to Seven Seas - always enjoy seeing the ocean.

The previous poster is correct - the static half of the menus are slightly different...or were in October. Four Seasons' steak was a ribeye, Seven Seas' was a strip. Seems like the chicken dish was prepared differently too. The changing half of the menu was the same both times.

Personally, I didn't notice that SS was that much dressier. It does seem larger but for me, I always preferred FS as it seemed a little more intimate.

Enjoy Sun!

Personally, I didn't notice that SS was that much dressier. It does seem larger but for me, I always preferred FS as it seemed a little more intimate.

Enjoy Sun!

And we enjoyed it the other way around, found 4 seasons to be too busy for some reason, although we had a wonderful waiter named Bali (from Bali) serve us there. He was a hoot. Just like the Seven Seas a bit more.... to each his own and that makes the world a more colorful place. :D

I suggest rather than walking through Four Seasons to walk up the Grand Stair in the atrium and then along the promenade on your way stern to Seven Seas - always enjoy seeing the ocean.

The previous poster is correct - the static half of the menus are slightly different...or were in October. Four Seasons' steak was a ribeye, Seven Seas' was a strip. Seems like the chicken dish was prepared differently too. The changing half of the menu was the same both times.

Enjoy Sun!

Hi, Clay. You're right about Seven Seas not being much dressier than Four Seasons. In fact, one night when we'd gotten back to the ship later than usual, I completely forgot that I was wearing a Tshirt (I usually changed to a collared blouse for dinner) and went to Seven Seas with Joe. The hostess who seated us didn't say a thing to me about my attire (I would have gone back to the cabin to change), nor did any of the other staff.

Archived