Escape Tidbits 11/28

scoochy12

Escape Tidbits from 11/28 - what we encountered on our week onboard:

* Food Republic should be open longer hrs for lunch 12 - 1:30 not long enough

* Pinchos should be open for lunc

* Margaritaville closes between 2:30 and 4

* Doors slamming, hallway running, balcony chair moving heard 24/7 in cabins

* Balcony is bigger than Getaway

* Atrium is not a big enough venue for game shows, trivia etc. not enough seats, overhead noise

* Dining room not open for lunch on port days

* Ac in room, does not stay on at night, press cool button, comes on for about a minute goes back off. Prepare to be warm/hot in room after midnight. Get bed by balcony for more air on bed at night as vent is over closet

* Drink taxes are charged while in port in Miami

Embarkation was a breeze. Arrived at port approx 9:30. 1st boarding group. On ship at 11 and purchased Vibe tickets. After lunch in Taste Dining Room, headed to room to unpack, as we carry on our luggage. We were sitting in Vibe by 1:30!

Vibe has about 80 loungers, extra towels are available and 8 umbrellas. Get there early if you want an umbrella, otherwise always chairs available. 1 server and 1 bartender. Service was good. They bring you cold face towels, fruit skewers and will spritz you with water throughout the day. Music played was mostly 70s.

Muster was quick and easy.

Cagneys and Le Bistro were both tasty as usual. Food Republic and Pinchos are both a MUST - Excellent food!!! Manhattan Dining Room had good dinners the 2 nights we went, better than in the past. Service was good one night and lousy the other night.

Comedy show with Warren and Rodney very good, lots of laughs! make a

reservation as soon as you board as the shows do reach capacity early on.

Howl at the Moon, 3 rotating players, all good. We went 3 nights it was always crowded and had to wait for seats each time.

Million Dollar Quarter, talented group, lots of energy, good show.

Disembarkation, carry your luggage - easy walk off - we were off the ship at 7:25 and in a taxi right away. at the gate at Miami Airport by 8:05 for our 10am flight! Super quick and easy. Did same thing last year on Getaway cruise. Early flight is completely do-able if you do what we did and are ready to go first thing. Note: we did have TSA Precheck that saved us about 15-20 minutes of security line.

We had a good week onboard!

Thanks for your review and information that was new to me. Wow those really are short hours for Food Republic. Nice to know for planning purposes.

It is also open for dinner 5:30 to 10. We just wished it was open longer for lunch.

From what I have read on this forum in previous posts, you should not press the snowflake button. That button is mean for just a quick burst of air and after that the AC will turn off. Also the AC will not work if balcony door is not closed/locked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From what I have read on this forum in previous posts, you should not press the snowflake button. That button is mean for just a quick burst of air and after that the AC will turn off.

We did that for the first 4 days of our Getaway cruise. After mentioning to our steward that the air kept shutting off, he explained that, and told us not to push that button. After that, it was great.

From what I have read on this forum in previous posts, you should not press the snowflake button. That button is mean for just a quick burst of air and after that the AC will turn off. Also the AC will not work if balcony door is not closed/locked.

We made that mistake on the Sky. Hottest room ever. I have instructed my kids to never push the snowflake button!

I have instructed my kids to never push the snowflake button!

When we asked our room steward about the "snowflake" button on the BA, he laughed and said it was an image of a FAN, not a snowflake. If that's true, this rises near the top as far as silly design flaws. I doubt if anybody has ever interpreted that button correctly.

1) The button is a quick cool button on the HVAC unit

2) we had just the opposite problem in our room, we had to raise the temp because it got too cold.

3) Seafood buffet had peel and eat cocktail shrimp. And some smaller pre peeled shrimp at another station. And a line going straight out of the buffet. If there was other seafood I did not see it through the mob.

You mentioned the balcony gave you air when the AC didn't....just an FYI if you didn't know, the air shuts off if the balcony door isn't closed and locked.

What I meant is that if your bed is by the balcony (sofa first) the air from the vent is directed across the room, so you will feel it more.

We never had the balcony door open at night, it was always locked. We just thought it was not cool enough in the room at night.

Escape Tidbits from 11/28 - what we encountered on our week onboard:

* Food Republic should be open longer hrs for lunch 12 - 1:30 not long enough

* Pinchos should be open for lunc

* Margaritaville closes between 2:30 and 4

* Doors slamming, hallway running, balcony chair moving heard 24/7 in cabins

* Balcony is bigger than Getaway

* Atrium is not a big enough venue for game shows, trivia etc. not enough seats, overhead noise

* Dining room not open for lunch on port days

* Ac in room, does not stay on at night, press cool button, comes on for about a minute goes back off. Prepare to be warm/hot in room after midnight. Get bed by balcony for more air on bed at night as vent is over closet

* Drink taxes are charged while in port in Miami

Embarkation was a breeze. Arrived at port approx 9:30. 1st boarding group. On ship at 11 and purchased Vibe tickets. After lunch in Taste Dining Room, headed to room to unpack, as we carry on our luggage. We were sitting in Vibe by 1:30!

Vibe has about 80 loungers, extra towels are available and 8 umbrellas. Get there early if you want an umbrella, otherwise always chairs available. 1 server and 1 bartender. Service was good. They bring you cold face towels, fruit skewers and will spritz you with water throughout the day. Music played was mostly 70s.

Muster was quick and easy.

Cagneys and Le Bistro were both tasty as usual. Food Republic and Pinchos are both a MUST - Excellent food!!! Manhattan Dining Room had good dinners the 2 nights we went, better than in the past. Service was good one night and lousy the other night.

Comedy show with Warren and Rodney very good, lots of laughs! make a

reservation as soon as you board as the shows do reach capacity early on.

Howl at the Moon, 3 rotating players, all good. We went 3 nights it was always crowded and had to wait for seats each time.

Million Dollar Quarter, talented group, lots of energy, good show.

Disembarkation, carry your luggage - easy walk off - we were off the ship at 7:25 and in a taxi right away. at the gate at Miami Airport by 8:05 for our 10am flight! Super quick and easy. Did same thing last year on Getaway cruise. Early flight is completely do-able if you do what we did and are ready to go first thing. Note: we did have TSA Precheck that saved us about 15-20 minutes of security line.

We had a good week onboard!

How much was the Vibe for the week?

Thanks Brent