Take instant coffee for VOS

bazzaw

IF you are instant coffee drinkers, then I advise you to take some with you to VOS. The ship does have electric jugs and tea in the cabins -- we did find out latish in the cruise that instant coffee is available upon "request" to your cabin stewards (why they don't just put it out, I don't know)

Unless you want to pay $3.80 for expresso/cappucino coffees from Cafe Promenade, the coffee in the urns in the buffet areas ranges from really terrible, through vile to finally - undrinkable. It is of the American brewed and stewed filter type of coffee. Well - at least that is my opinion -- and that of any other Aussie that I spoke to.

I will say one really good thing about RCI though - much better than any other cruiseline we have traveled with -- they DO read and digest the "suggestions" given in the mid-cruise survey which they give to each passenger. We, and friends of ours, both received phone calls to discuss some minor matters that we suggested in the survey (Mine was for instant coffee to be placed in the cabins) -- and THEN, further follow up calls a couple of days later to see if we were satisfied. VERY BIG TICK for RCI for attention to detail in this regard.

Barry

Silly question regarding this coffee issue....but not silly to me!

Do you think USA customs would allow these coffee sachets or bags in our checked luggage? Anyone ever taken any overseas?

Jen when we cruise princess sometimes we take a jar of coffee from home and never been stopped yet.....if you dont want to take a jar pack some in a tupper ware container

p&o must be doing something right as we can drink their coffee

Jen when we cruise princess sometimes we take a jar of coffee from home and never been stopped yet.....if you dont want to take a jar pack some in a tupper ware container

p&o must be doing something right as we can drink their coffee

Thanks Bob, very helpful. We have air inbetween the cruises, so the unopened sachets may be the go.

I always take Nescafe instant coffee sticks with me everywhere I go, ESPECIALLY on cruise ships. I have had no problems taking them into any country I have been too. Also when coming back into AU this time off the voyager I had a tupperware container with coffee in it. I declared it and said that I had bought it overseas and was instant coffee. They said that it was fine.

Anyone know a good place to buy instant coffee sticks/satchels in Aust - I can only find them in boxes of 1,000 for hotels/offices etc (office works/staples). Only want a small pack of 25 or 50 of ordinary instant coffee (not with powdered milk or other flavours) for our next cruise in a couple of weeks.

Anyone know a good place to buy instant coffee sticks/satchels in Aust - I can only find them in boxes of 1,000 for hotels/offices etc (office works/staples). Only want a small pack of 25 or 50 of ordinary instant coffee (not with powdered milk or other flavours) for our next cruise in a couple of weeks.

Try coffee bags- robert timms brand

avaiable at coles/woolworths etc. come in a couple of strengths.

I always take Nescafe instant coffee sticks with me everywhere I go, ESPECIALLY on cruise ships. I have had no problems taking them into any country I have been too. Also when coming back into AU this time off the voyager I had a tupperware container with coffee in it. I declared it and said that I had bought it overseas and was instant coffee. They said that it was fine.

Where do you buy them Jane? I can never find them. I also take Nescafe instant coffee with me but I put a teaspoon into those tiny zip lock bags that I but at the tobacconist. Would be easier if I could but the sticks/sachets.

Where do you buy them Jane? I can never find them. I also take Nescafe instant coffee with me but I put a teaspoon into those tiny zip lock bags that I but at the tobacconist. Would be easier if I could but the sticks/sachets.

Karen i have bought the 10 stick packs from Woolworths, they don't make them easily found :rolleyes::rolleyes: so check with the front end for location thats of course if they even are aware they have them...:D:D cheers Shiona

Karen i have bought the 10 stick packs from Woolworths, they don't make them easily found :rolleyes::rolleyes: so check with the front end for location thats of course if they even are aware they have them...:D:D cheers Shiona

Thanks Shiona.:)

Spirit 28, I am happy to send you some if you would like.

Thank you very much for the kind offer - I'll see how we go getting some from our local Coles or Woollies.

We have 3 days in Melbourne before boarding, so if we can't get any in Tas, I'm sure we could find some on the "mainland".

Maybe I should get one of those caterers packs and start flogging individual sachets in the Horizon Court for a $1.00 each on day 2.. Reckon there would be plenty of takers after they taste the paint stripper they serve up as coffee:rolleyes:;)

Thanks again

Cheers

I must have a look then. I am not a coffee connoisseur. I prefer instant over coffee shop coffees.

Me too:)

We don't have a Campbell's near us anymore. we used to and I used to do the shopping there for soccer. Might check to see if the place we get our lollies from sell them.

I'm not a coffee drinker but my hubby said the same about the coffee being way too strong & bitter.

I did hear from the cruise director though that they are considering finding a different supplier for the Australian cruises, so there is hope. ;)

Try coffee bags- robert timms brand

avaiable at coles/woolworths etc. come in a couple of strengths.

Just bought a 28 pack of Robert Timms (Italian Espresso) from Woolies at lunch time & drinking a sample cup as I type... Not too bad at all..

Might need to grab another pack before we go next week as I seem to be liking it more than the normal Nescafe instant I have at home

Thanks for the tip..

Cheers

Archived