Oceania Anyone?

Mermen

We're thinking about a TA on Oceania's Insignia in October, great itinerary! We're pretty comfortable on Princess, very comfortable on =X=. I am curious if anyone who has sailed on Oceania has found them to be gay-friendly and inclusive?

Thanks ladies and gents! :)

If you have rough weather, a TA could be a trial on that ship. It doesn't handle wind and waves very well, IMHO. And we were on the Mediterranean, not the Atlantic.

Thanks Darrell6t! We were on an R3 ship before, however it was Princess - same design. We sailed through the Amazon and FR West Indies, but the waters were pretty calm, until the last couple of days before we disembarked in Miami. You make a great point to consider. :)

We're thinking about a TA on Oceania's Insignia in October, great itinerary! We're pretty comfortable on Princess, very comfortable on =X=. I am curious if anyone who has sailed on Oceania has found them to be gay-friendly and inclusive?

Thanks ladies and gents! :)

Well we've been debating Oceania for a while but from the threads they seem very gay friendly, so... even though we're Celebrity fans, today we took the plunge and booked the Nauica in June. Tell me we've done the right thing :)

As you can see by our signature we are big Oceania fans, not because of the gay vibe but because of the entire cruise.

There are no tea dances, wet tee shirt contests, etc but the ships are beautiful, food great and the passengers are well traveled and we have only had a "problem" once with a middle aged woman who requested her table be changed in the dining room every time she was seated near a "gay". Waiters found it funny and staff was very supportive.

We do a lot of tours through Cruise Critic in the ports and have always found straight/gay couples to tour with without problems.

Bottom line, it is not an Atlantis experience but the "gay" issue is a non-issue.

Go, enjoy, be yourselves and you will have lots of new friends and a great cruise.

We too took the plunge. And will for 3 cruises. We like the casual feel of Norwegian, and are looking forward to the same on Oceania with a bit of a step up in product.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

You'll like the food. Much better than Norwegian. The prices,however are also much higher.

We sailed Oceania for our honeymoon (late 20s/early 30s), and had a fantastic time. Not only were there plenty of other friendly gays on the ship, we met many new straight friends as well. The food and service was perfect. I look forward to sailing again in several years when we're more in line with the demographic. :) All in all, though, a really great line.

• 1 month later...