OASIS PROPOSAL COMPLETE (illini-grad)

What more can I say than EXCITED......We got back yesterday, but were very tired....lack of sleep night before leaving with a 5 hour drive back to Jax, Fl, and it made for a long day with naps :)

The proposal......everything I wanted and more. When a plan runs as perfectly as you want it to, you know it’s meant to be. It ran perfectly and was everything I wanted it to be. My only regret if I even have one; is I wish I would have waited longer into the song, but I literally couldn't.

I had planned this for 2 months and the time was finally there, and I couldn't resist any longer.

Debbie Fewell and sidekick - I can never thank you both enough. The video is awesome. I will post the link to it here. And sidekick (Rene), thank you so much for talking to my GF, and keeping her eyes away from what I was doing :)

We had Chops at 6:30p on Sund night, we left around 8:20p. I knew the musicians would be there from 8:30-9:30p.....so I had about 10 minutes to waste...so I told my GF I had to use the restroom, so I wasted some time there, and also took the ring box from my camera case to my pocket :) There was a photographer station right when we walked back into Central Park, so I used it to waste some time, it was taking like 10 minutes, so it was about 8:35p at this point, and I had heard the music of a violin in the background, so I knew Dasha (violinist) was there. So I told my GF lets do pictures later....I had warmed her up at dinner about I was pretty sure there was music in Central Park tonight since it was formal night and I would love to slow dance with her. I NEVER dance, so she knew she better take this opportunity. This was all just a set up for the proposal. We walked over to the musicians, they were set up between Giovanni's and Central Park Cafe.....I had spotted Debbie and sidekick on the left hand side, which we discussed. I gave them a wink, and I knew it was them, and they knew it was me. Everything was running so smoothly. My GF saw it was emptier on the left side where they were, so she said lets go over there, totally going into my plan, but I said nothing. I asked my GF if she wanted it recorded since I don't dance a lot, and she said yes. Again, more into the proposal plan. I started talking to Debbie about how to use the camera, and thanking her for doing this for me, while my GF was talking to Rene, as Rene was totally keeping my GF’s eyes away from what I was doing and keeping her preoccupied. I showed Debbie how to use the camera to record, then went to talk w/ Dasha and introduced myself as “JIM”, which was the signal for her to play Come What May (from Moulin Rouge), which is our wedding song that we will dance to when we get married.

The music started, and we started to dance slowly, and then a few seconds later I stepped away and proposed………..it was everything I wanted and more. She was so shocked, so surprised. She heard the song and then me proposing totally made everything perfect for her which is what I wanted.

Debbie had it all recorded and did it perfectly……I am so thankful to have all this on video as is my now fiancé J

There were about 10-15 people looking on as I proposed, and they began to clap immediately when I got on my knee which was an awesome feeling.

After the proposal, we stayed and watched the musicians for a few songs, then went back to the room. My fiancé slowly opened the door and rose petals with a dove heart shaped towel sculpture was on the bed, along with champagne on ice w/ 2 glasses on the table. IT WAS PERFECT.

It was everything I could have ever asked for. All the planning came to reality and all worked out perfectly. I could never thank you all enough. I have showed my fiancé how many people have viewed the previous posts, over 10,000 on the previous thread……so much support. Thank you so much!!!

The rest of the trip was amazing. We really enjoyed ourselves a lot. My travel agent even sent us a cake to the room for graduation and engagement celebration. We enjoyed the shows we saw on the cruise – Hairspray, Oasis of Dreams, and Come Fly With Me.

We did the horseback ride and Dunns River Falls excursion in Jamaica, which was a lot of fun, but horrible on time management. I just got my 2nd Master’s Degree, so the time thing was very annoying. And then in Cozumel we did the Fury Catamaran with snorkeling which was a lot of fun. We didn’t do anything in Haiti except for snorkel on our own.

We ate at Chop’s twice. We really enjoyed it a lot. We ate at Johnny Rockets quite a bit, and 4 days in a row of lunch at Market Café for the roast beef J I was not impressed w/ the Windjammer at all. We only had one dinner in the MDR.

Any other questions or comments, please post and ask. Enjoy the pictures, and the video on youtube.com.

Please comment on youtube.com.

Regards!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SokNe3fwY4

I also wrote a lot on the link too.

1644247992_DSC00538(1024x681).jpg.8e15d58e031430e61e32c60bb14ad07d.jpg

2093075712_DSC00575(1024x681).jpg.878c3b82c381bd20053a880bbf0a98de.jpg

884850030_DSC00577(1024x681).jpg.719b78a7a6fcbfd297c5d9ce17811aba.jpg

1859581097_DSC00659(1024x681).jpg.b948515ebe7ea7b560ad0afe7bacf534.jpg

340631471_DSC00580(1024x681).jpg.6e6ee69b2cadebfd34db42b0e9247bb5.jpg

Congratulations! I have been waiting on this video. I've been reading your posts planning the proposal and was very excited for you! We were supposed to be on this cruise. DD's high school graduation got pushed back due to make up for snow days, so we had to cancel. Wishing you and your lovely bride to be a long and happy life together.:)

When I started reading his posts I was intrigued, to say the least! Then I realized I was going to be on their cruise! No one had offered to video the moment so I thought,heck I can do that! So I offered and the rest as they say is history. The more I read of all of the planning he had arranged I thought it must be captured! The bridegroom to be and I e-mailed a few times and got the specifics taken care of the week before the cruise. As I kept reading the threads I knew I wanted to eavesdrop on the event. How often do you get to witness a proposal? Especially on a ship as romantic as the Oasis? Little did he know I haven't taken any videos since I went to Hawaii in 1993,when a video camera was the size of a shoebox!! Around 2PM I thought it was time to stop buying souvenir martini glasses (trying to collect eight)! And no I didn't drink all eight! Anyway, thought it was time to lay off of the alcohol since I had an important job to do! As the time approached, I was a nervous wreck! Why did I offer to do this, just knowing I was going to screw it up. Whatever part of the brain that is responsible for operating techno gadgets was deleted from my DNA! I drove my poor friend Irene crazy that day as I insisted we get to the location 45 minutes early. It gave me time to try and figure out my new camera (will still take another year)! Finally, The happy couple arrived and I knew it was D-Day! He handed me the camera, which was really quite simple to operate! My hands were shaking so badly I was fearful of the results! It was quite a romantic event and I'm so happy I could record it for their grandchildren to see, as it is a story that will be handed down for generations! All my best to you and your future wife!!!!!

Congratulations!!!! I kept up with all the post on the original thread. Such an awesome thing you did, to make it so special. As I watched the video, I had tears in my eyes. Just beautiful and also a beautiful ring. Congratulations to both of you~~

Just beautiful and also a beautiful ring.

And you should see the guy that came with it....! ;):D:cool: Congratulations 'JIM' and fiancee, you are a beautiful couple. Best wishes always!

Congratulations! It don't think it could of been more perfect!!

I loved the pictures and video!! OMG...pass the tissues!!! :) Jimmy your fiancé is beautiful! You make such a wonderful couple.

How will you ever top this one Jimmy? ...maybe when you have kids, twins or triplets or something like that!!!! :p ;) :D just kidding!!

DD and I have been following and checking since Sat night to see if you had posted- so excited for you both, what a wonderful memory you will have...be sure to invite Debbie to the wedding cruise- she did a great job!!

Congratulations and best wishes for many happy years ahead!!:D

Edited by Familygoboston

Congratulations.....from one cruiser that proposed marriage on a cruise ship to another!

You put so much time into your plan.........totally awesome!! And the video captured the two of you perfectly!!

I pray that you two have a wonderful life together!!:)

Rick

Edited by rubrrick

Congratulations!!! after following your previous thread I was so excited to see that everything went as planned .....needed a tissue while watching your video. Best wishes to the both of you, planning the wedding will be a snap after pulling this one off :)