The Haven Help for Honeymooners

mm3386

Hi all,

My fiancé and I are planning our honeymoon, and since we love cruising, the natural choice for us was to book a cruise! Since we want this cruise to be extra special, we have narrowed it down to NCL's The Haven. We're very excited, however I'm having trouble narrowing down the ship and type of room. I love CC for all the knowledgeable people, so I'm hoping I can get some help. Here is what we are looking for in a room:

-balcony with 2 loungers (with a private view that overlooks the ocean, not the ship)

-big shower

-window view from the bed

We are looking at 7-20 days cruises in 2016. We love sea days, and don't want a very port intensive cruise. We're looking to relax and enjoy our time together!

I have looked at our options, and there's a transatlantic on the Jade that I think we'd enjoy, however I'm not sure if any of the Jade's rooms hit everything on our wish list, except the Garden Villas, which unfortunately are out of our budget. Also, can anyone tell me how the older Havens compare to the newer ones?

I have also looked at the Haven Spa suites on the Epic, but it looks like the balconies are tiny. The deluxe owner's suites look amazing, however the balcony on some ships looks more like a solarium. Is this correct?

Any help with what ship and/or cabin you think we would like would be appreciated! We're excited to plan this adventure and would appreciate any feedback from seasoned NCL cruisers.

Hi all,

My fiancé and I are planning our honeymoon, and since we love cruising, the natural choice for us was to book a cruise! Since we want this cruise to be extra special, we have narrowed it down to NCL's The Haven. We're very excited, however I'm having trouble narrowing down the ship and type of room. I love CC for all the knowledgeable people, so I'm hoping I can get some help. Here is what we are looking for in a room:

-balcony with 2 loungers (with a private view that overlooks the ocean, not the ship)

-big shower

-window view from the bed

We are looking at 7-20 days cruises in 2016. We love sea days, and don't want a very port intensive cruise. We're looking to relax and enjoy our time together!

I have looked at our options, and there's a transatlantic on the Jade that I think we'd enjoy, however I'm not sure if any of the Jade's rooms hit everything on our wish list, except the Garden Villas, which unfortunately are out of our budget. Also, can anyone tell me how the older Havens compare to the newer ones?

I have also looked at the Haven Spa suites on the Epic, but it looks like the balconies are tiny. The deluxe owner's suites look amazing, however the balcony on some ships looks more like a solarium. Is this correct?

Any help with what ship and/or cabin you think we would like would be appreciated! We're excited to plan this adventure and would appreciate any feedback from seasoned NCL cruisers.

If you don't want a port intensive cruise take EPIC out of the mix as she'll be permanently in Europe this spring.

You might look at the ships various Haven suites to pick a couple that meet your needs. Then, see which ones are convenient to drive or fly to for embarking.

Owners suites on jewel class meet your criteria. There may be others, but I'm too lazy to look through all of them. :)

The haven on the jade is very different to the epic/getaway/breakaway.

Other than the garden villa they don't have sea views on the jade. However if you get an SF aft cabin, you get all the butler services etc but not access to the haven, it does however have a very large balcony

We had the spa suite on breakaway and the balcony is tiny and it's not in the haven but you do have access to it and all its amenities.

The 2 bed rooms in the haven on both neither have a sea view from the bed but does have a great view from the bathroom and a decent balcony on both ships

If you like balconies, check out the aft facing Haven suites on Breakaway and Getaway. The balconies are huge, they aren't that expensive in the range of Haven suites either.

From what I can remember of 10912 on the Breakaway, although no window in the bedroom itself, you could look through the bathroom (with huge shower and bath) and out of the full length windows on the far side. Likewise you could sit in the bath or shower whilst looking out to sea.

They are not in the Haven area itself but you get full access to it and all the perks.

And when I say the balconies are huge, I mean two sun loungers, two lounge chairs and a table with 4 chairs huge.

232323232%7Ffp5434%3A%3Enu%3D56%3A9%3E387%3E256%3EWSNRCG%3D3484%3C78259347nu0mrj

Haven is great, but from what I understand the mega-ships (Breakaway, etc) have included more suites as part of Haven that are less super than the Haven on the Jewel class. Any way, I would look at specific rooms on the itineraries you want. A suite is great, Haven or not. We had the two BR on the Jewel last year (The Sapphire Penthouse) and the views were spectacular (Bath tub all glass, shower also a glass wall) It's pretty nice to pull into port and be able to see it while your in the shower - others may disagree. :eek: In any event if you are VIP you will get an invite to the Haven for one evening with the officers, so enjoy! Congratulations!

Check out the breakaway haven aft penthouse like timmo44 said. there are 2 aft decks that have a view of the ocean out of your cabin. these rooms are different than the rest. you actually have a balcony door in the bedroom and the living room. I believe its deck 11 and 14. both have beds by the balcony door.

OnTheGoMom921 did a great job and shows the difference in both cabins.(with photos)

here is the link

NCL Breakaway ~ June 23, 2013 ~ Bermuda

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1871807 ~ My Breakaway Suite 11908 Review

SUITE SPOILED FOR LIFE ~ ONCE YOU GO "SUITE" YOU'LL ALWAYS REPEAT!!

Was just on the BA

Assuming you're going for the courtyard penthouse

On the BA the balcony can fit one chaise and two chairs and small table

Can probably get two chaise but would be tight. Bathroom a bit tight for any romance.

Preferred CP on the Gem

Two separate rooms. Large shower(for two) with sea view and bathtub has window to watch sea as bathing

Thanks all,

I currently have an Owner's Suite on hold on the Jade on a 16 day Transatlantic. Can anyone tell me more about these rooms and if it would be a good fit for our preferences?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

OP,

Aside from the GV that comes close to all your preferences. You realize that the bridge looks down on your front balcony and you are on a deck with everyone else. You only have access to the Haven and not located within the Haven, BIG DIFFERENCE. We chose the H5 over the H3 for location. Have you looked at the H2? Either way the H3 is nice and sure to please but for us a couple wanting a romantic cruise, here's the order we would pick, H2, H5, H4, H3. Decisions, decisions lol

OP,

Aside from the GV that comes close to all your preferences. You realize that the bridge looks down on your front balcony and you are on a deck with everyone else. You only have access to the Haven and not located within the Haven, BIG DIFFERENCE. We chose the H5 over the H3 for location. Have you looked at the H2? Either way the H3 is nice and sure to please but for us a couple wanting a romantic cruise, here's the order we would pick, H2, H5, H4, H3. Decisions, decisions lol

Thanks for your input! With regard to the bridge, I did realize that, however the NCL rep said that only a portion of the front balcony was visible from the bridge. Is this not correct?

For the H2, I looked at that cabin and I do like it better, however it looks like the balcony looks out over the ship instead of the ocean, is that correct? The reason we didn't pick that cabin was because we want an ocean view.

Thanks for your input! With regard to the bridge, I did realize that, however the NCL rep said that only a portion of the front balcony was visible from the bridge. Is this not correct?

For the H2, I looked at that cabin and I do like it better, however it looks like the balcony looks out over the ship instead of the ocean, is that correct? The reason we didn't pick that cabin was because we want an ocean view.

You are correct in the above.

You are "visible" to the Bridge (and only if they are standing right at the front, by the window) near the railing. Further back, closer to the suite itself, you can't be seen.

Most of the NCL top suites, including the GV's, unfortunately overlook the pool area, and not the front of the ship/ocean.

We will probably choose an OS on the Jewel class ships in the future, just for that.

(We had the DOS on the Dawn, with the amazing floor to ceiling windows just like the Bridge, including the little "wing" looking back down the side of the ship, but there is NO balcony.)

Then we had the Pearl Haven 2BR suite over the holidays.

It is wonderful.

However, the balcony is indeed small, and looks sideways.

Either way, you'd have 1.5 or 2 bathrooms, which we find a nice luxury.

Being right IN the Haven area was really a peaceful situation, and you won't have that in the OS, but you'll have all the services of the Butler, and access to the Haven courtyard whenever you wish.

Either way, you should have a luxurious and peaceful cruise.

Best wishes for a happy life together!

GeezerCouple

Oh, you have an ocean view in the H2, also on the Jade it's your own floor, the only downfall is no hot tub like the Pearl and Gem but you do have two balconies. It's really sweet. Not many reviews on the Jade H2 as there's only one fleet wide. Here's some pictures from the Pearl H2, lots to view and we really enjoyed the bands and the sail-away parties we had.

ImageUploadedByForums1427855559.951371.jpg.04189dc9cf867e28ff1e93a55bc41f8a.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1427855650.218256.jpg.293a2e4f2410a0b52b4c9e1b46772924.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1427855628.550088.jpg.d7ae3b5be618bb0d5b79d49677e437fa.jpg