No self service laundry room on Magic !

truffles68

I am enquiring where the self service laundry room is on Magic and the Carnival agent tells me there isn't any for Magic . There is only laundry valet service on Magic. I hope this is not true. I hope she is just making a mistake or her info is not updated.

Could someone who has just been cruising on Dream tell me whether there is a self service laundry room ? Magic is supposed to be a sister ship of Dream.

Thanks.

I am enquiring where the self service laundry room is on Magic and the Carnival agent tells me there isn't any for Magic . There is only laundry valet service on Magic. I hope this is not true. I hope she is just making a mistake or her info is not updated.

Could someone who has just been cruising on Dream tell me whether there is a self service laundry room ? Magic is supposed to be a sister ship of Dream.

Thanks.

There was self-service laundry on the Dream... I think there were three maybe, but I'm sure someone else will chime in here as well... there was one on the floor we stayed on for sure (deck 7)

Here's the locations for the public laundries on the Magic:

Main Deck 2 - midship / across from 2375

Empress Deck 7 - midship / across from 7347

Lido Deck 10 - forward / across from 10264

The locations are identical to those on the Dream.

Dream086.jpg

:)

Thanks.

who knows maybe they want to increase their profit margin like RCCL does

I imagine Platinum cruisers will still get complimentary wash and fold. ;)

On a 7 day cruise, how much laundry do you need to do?

Looking at the deck plans, Carnival Magic has the same white space in the laundry room locations that Carnival Dream has. I don't think they did away with them.

...smart move; I bet CCL makes more per ship of combined self and valet laundry than RCI makes per similarly sized ship with just valet laundry (some will just opt NOT to do laundry

if it is the more expensive valet).

Hey I like RCI, but is seems they just aren't as savvy in their business models as Carnival.

Mitch

Thanks.

Dream has 3 laundry rooms but they are not marked on deck plans and are barely noted. One is on deck 10 and I think it is across from 10224. Others are on Decks 2 and 7

• 1 year later...

Thanks.

I'd be looking for another agent. But it just goes to show you that you can call carnival with questions-- doesnt mean you will get the right answer

Thanks.

https://www.goccl.com/irman/bookccl/the_fleet/MC_Features_PublicAreas.htm

Name: Launderettes / Ironing Rooms

Locations - Launderettes

Deck 2 - midship / across from 2375

Deck 7 - midship / across from 7347

Deck 10 - forward / across from 10264

Locations – Ironing Rooms

Deck 1 – aft / across from 1423

Deck 6 – midship / across from 6360

Deck 8 – midship / across from 8395

Deck 9 – midship / across from 9403

Hours: hours posted on the door to the Laundry

Function: Self-Service Launderette / Ironing Room

2 or 3 washers

2 or 3 dryers

1 iron and ironing board

Vending machines dispense small boxes of detergent and water softener

Ironing Room: 2 ironing boards/irons

Just off the Magic and I can confirm there are self-serve laundries. We used them.

I always bring some laundry powder and dryer sheets so that saves $.

There were only three washers in the laundry room but more dryers. One day we rinsed things out in our cabin and threw them in the dryer. Saved us the time of waiting for a washing machine along with the $3.

This was a 12-day cruise, so yes... we were laundry challenged! Platinum cruisers on board were sending things out every other day with good results.

We were on The Magic last month and as everyone has stated there are self serve laundry rooms. We were on deck 7 and the room was about 10 doors down. What people have failed to mention is that there was constantly a line of people outside the door and when you did get to go inside it was around 100 degrees!! I was planning on doing laundry on this 9 day cruise because after the cruise we were going on to Tuscany for another week. After seeing the lines and feeling the heat I went ahead and waited for the special $15 bag. It was worth every penny to me as there was no way that I was waiting in line on a cruise to do laundry.

Just off the Magic and I can confirm there are self-serve laundries. We used them.

I always bring some laundry powder and dryer sheets so that saves $.

There were only three washers in the laundry room but more dryers. One day we rinsed things out in our cabin and threw them in the dryer. Saved us the time of waiting for a washing machine along with the $3.

This was a 12-day cruise, so yes... we were laundry challenged! Platinum cruisers on board were sending things out every other day with good results.

Hi guys, hope you're feeling better. Wish I could say the same. :eek: I was surprised that we did 3 bags of 'wash and fold'. I'll blame it on the weather.

Hi guys, hope you're feeling better. Wish I could say the same. :eek: I was surprised that we did 3 bags of 'wash and fold'. I'll blame it on the weather.

Hi Michael! We're getting better slowly! How are you and Sallie?

~Denise

Archived