what to pack ladies ??

mimixoxo

Specialty hair products for the heat/humidity. Mini baby powder to get sand off your body at the beach. One of those band aid active friction block sticks if you are taking any shoes that might irritate your feet (I love this product!). Batteries/charger for cameras/phones. Just some ideas, I realize not everything might be on a list of things you 'need'.

Through your daily routine and take what you can't do without for the week. A small first aid kit with typical OTC meds and a few bandaids can be helpful but don't take a whole medicine cabinet!

Sunscreen, plenty for each person.

Make your own list and really think about others suggestions before buying and packing anything you didn't plan on yourself.

A wrap or pashmina in case it gets chilly onboard, jewelry, hair bands/accessories, a light jacket, at least one sweatshirt or l/s tee, Bandaids, Tylenol/Advil, antacids, a lanyard, and an evening clutch.

im going to a tropical island should i take bug spray?

I think it depends on what shore excursions you have planned...are you going to Cocoa/Nassau/Freeport? If you're doing anything in a woodsy/forested area, bug spray may come in handy. The Pride is a nice ship - enjoy!!

jawas- we are going to grand turk,half moon cay and freeport.

Nice! I loved Half Moon Cay, and Grand Turk was beautiful. You may want to take a little bug spray. I can't remember having any issues with bugs in those places - it probably depends on what you do.

Ohhhh, we loved Half Moon Cay and Grand Turk!!!!!!! Those are my top two fav islands out of 9 in total that we have covered in four cruises. They are both gorgeous!!! And I never noticed any bugs at all

Kathy

Feminine hygiene supplies--at least a couple days worth. Even if you think it won't happen, travel can wreck havoc with your cycle. Nothing worse than being on a ship at sea when Aunt Flo pays an unexpected visit and you aren't prepared. Even if you are on the pill, be prepared for the unexpected.

perfume! I didn't pack any on my last trip and I really missed it. I wear it everyday at home and it made a difference (to my mood).

I like to avoid the smelling a lot like perfume so I spray it away from me at arms length, count to 3, then walk "into" the perfume. Or I'll only apply it behind my knees. I have a co-worker that is sensitive to scents and she hasn't complained about mine yet. If she ever does I'll stop wearing it to work.

My DH were first-time cruisers on our recent trip. On this website there are massive lists of things to bring in preparation -- in actuality, just think of you, your traveling companion (if any), and your lifestyle. Think of what makes sense for you, and edit appropriately. (This goes especially for clothing and accessories.)

Two extra things people suggested that my hubby and I appreciated on our cruise --

A "power strip" for appliances and electronics - your cabin will likely not be overstocked with outlets; and some may carry "minimum current".

We saw many people suggest nightlights for night-time trips to the bathroom without bothering your traveling companion. The cabin is smaller than a hotel room usually, and the bathroom light is bright. and not always a door there. My hubby came up with the idea of battery-powered candles instead. More romantic and they serve the same purpose.

One thing I wish I had brought -- my own shampoo. The stuff the ship supplied did not lather at all.

Archived