What time does self debark begin on Navigator?

niksmom630

Anyone with recent experiences on self debark/luggage carry off on Navigator know what time this begins? Are all self debark one group number, or do they assign several numbers to prioritize self debark?

I am trying to get a time estimate on what to time to arrange private transportation to IAH. I have a 12:50 flight--I know, from what I have read I am cutting it close if there are any issues. Thankfully we are doing the Cozumel, Grand Cayman and Falmouth itinerary, which from what I've read doesn't typically have the same customs delays as the other route.

Finally, we have two elderly ladies in our group, and I think we can manage to carry off their luggage for them--have also read we should use the porter line as soon as we disembark as it moves faster through customs. Is it easy to locate once you leave the terminal?

Would appreciate any tips or advise----a bit concerned after reading all the Navigator debarkation stories on these boards....:eek:

Thanks!

Chris

Anyone with recent experiences on self debark/luggage carry off on Navigator know what time this begins? Are all self debark one group number, or do they assign several numbers to prioritize self debark?

I am trying to get a time estimate on what to time to arrange private transportation to IAH. I have a 12:50 flight--I know, from what I have read I am cutting it close if there are any issues. Thankfully we are doing the Cozumel, Grand Cayman and Falmouth itinerary, which from what I've read doesn't typically have the same customs delays as the other route.

Finally, we have two elderly ladies in our group, and I think we can manage to carry off their luggage for them--have also read we should use the porter line as soon as we disembark as it moves faster through customs. Is it easy to locate once you leave the terminal?

Would appreciate any tips or advise----a bit concerned after reading all the Navigator debarkation stories on these boards....:eek:

Thanks!

Chris

It's relative to when ship gets into port

But in May self assist started somewhere between

7:00 and 7:30.

And we were home around 8:00 am .

We live in Galveston.

The only issue for self assist will be

if ship not into port on timely basis .

OR if Federal custom and immigration allocates greater # of staff

to Carnival FIRST and then moves available remaining

officers over to RCCL after Carnival disembarkation is completed.

RCCL is getting the short end of the stick when both ships are in on Sunday's.

Only 5 RCCL stations are up and processing passengers early

based on recent posts on CC. Then later there are 10 stations with left over officers coming over from Carnival later.

If Carnival is getting priority Federal treatment ,

I don't understand, especially with present deficiencies in RCCL

Terminal 2 .

Early self assist can get off early with reduced staffing.

But the passengers with later higher numbers for release off ship at

some point are dumped by RCCL on the terminal and immigration ,

Then it becomes a serious problem processing everyone left. :mad:

So later releases of not self assists and not on RCCL transfers

Can be delayed for hours .

RCCL wants you off ship for new passengers

and Immigration and terminal can't handle numbers

being dumped by RCCL!

Good luck

Edited by ssb

Thanks for the reply. Do you recall if self assist was one group number or if they had priority levels under self assist?

I've never done self assist before on ANY of my cruises, so this is all new to me. I'm also curious about how far you'd have to walk to get into the terminal to secure a porter. As I mentioned, we have a few seniors in our group that would likely not be able to cover a large distance dragging luggage--which is why we think some of the others in our group can just manage two bags.

Honestly, wouldn't even consider self assist walk off if it weren't for all these stories about delays disembarking Navigator...taking into account an hour and half ride to IAH, we've got to be out of that terminal by 9:30 at the latest.

Thanks for the reply. Do you recall if self assist was one group number or if they had priority levels under self assist?

I've never done self assist before on ANY of my cruises, so this is all new to me. I'm also curious about how far you'd have to walk to get into the terminal to secure a porter. As I mentioned, we have a few seniors in our group that would likely not be able to cover a large distance dragging luggage--which is why we think some of the others in our group can just manage two bags.

Honestly, wouldn't even consider self assist walk off if it weren't for all these stories about delays disembarking Navigator...taking into account an hour and half ride to IAH, we've got to be out of that terminal by 9:30 at the latest.

We did self-assist in April and it was very easy. However when we went down to get our card with the time on it, they gave us an 8:00 time. I called later and asked if they had anything any earlier and the girl told me that they had 7:00 but they weren't giving them out yet. She told me to come to the desk and tell them I wanted a 7:00 time and they gave it to me. We were off in about 15 min. after they started letting people off.

They do it by times, I believe about 15 min. intervals and they tell you where to go to wait for disembarkation.

Are you using RCCL transfers?

If you are, they will get y'all to the airport on time.

As long as y'all flights are within their airport departure time parameters.

And you won't have to self assist and lug all your bags.

For priority self assist though, go to customer service and request.

and then fill out and turn in.

And if they say you can do later, then come back toward end of cruise and request.

OR they will also give you request forms and/or instructions in cabin for self assist.

Procedure will be also on daily Compass schedule they give you in room!

Edited by ssb