Dec 21 Freedom of the Seas Schedule Change!

Freedom of the Seas – December 21 Sailing – Itinerary Modification

December 16

Freedom of the Seas is currently experiencing a small restriction on her top speed. All equipment is fully operational and there is no impact on the maneuverability of the ship or on the safety of our guests and crew. However, it is necessary to make some slight changes to the itinerary for Freedom of the Seas’ December 21, 2014 sailing. All scheduled ports on the itinerary – Labadee, Puerto Rico, and St. Maarten – will remain, with adjustments made to the time spent in port.

The revised itinerary will be:

DAY PORT ARRIVAL DEPARTURE

Sunday Port Canaveral 4:30 p.m.

Monday At sea

Tuesday Labadee, Haiti 10:15 a.m. 4:00 p.m.

Wednesday San Juan, Puerto Rico 2:30 p.m. 8:00 p.m.

Thursday Philipsburg, St. Maarten 8:00 a.m. 1:00 p.m.

Friday At sea

Saturday At sea

Sunday Port Canaveral, Florida 7:15 a.m.

As a gesture of goodwill, and to thank our guests for their understanding, Royal Caribbean International will provide each stateroom with an onboard credit. A letter with the credit amount will be delivered to guests stateroom.

We apologize to guests for this development and the impact on the scheduled itinerary. Our shipboard team looks forward to welcoming guests onboard Freedom of the Seas.

Yeah, the credit is nice for those on board but it sure seems Freedom is limping to the dry-dock finish line! We are leaving on Serenade on Saturday but considered doing freedom again. WE LOVE THAT SHIP and can't wait to see what it's like after the refurb.

It is nice they are updating future sailings.

Might want to take an extra change of clothes and some extra personal hygeine items in case it becomes a (Carnival like cruise)------Just kidding.

Would not wish a bad sailing on anyone, but gotta be prepared.

Sea Ya

What were the original port times? I'm on the December 28 cruise. Trying to estimate our port times for our Western route...figure port times might be similar?

Labadee 8-4

St Juan 2-9

St Martin 8- 5

Original arrival back in PC was 6am

Wondering why we did Not receive on board credit during our sailing? We missed Cozumel because of medical emergency , but all times in the other ports were shortened

we were on that cruise, and we got a port fee credit for each person in our stateroom for missing cozumel. I don't expect any reimbursement, for I agree with the decision to save the life of a child. That cannot be replaced. It was still a great cruise vacation. :cool:

Am I missing something? The 12/28 sailing is supposed to be western caribbean.

Cococay

Montego Bay

George Town

Cozumel

Yep. That's the schedule! We're on too! I think that we will see some changes to port times as well. The distance to Coco Cay and FROM Cozumel looks like prime areas for change. With tender issues rampant at Coco Cay (allegedly! ;) ) , I am predicting possible miss at Coco Cay and a shorter stay at Cozumel. Just my theory... I call it "Cruise Watch 2014" !

The cruise prior to this one received a $250.00 credit. http://gallery.mjcwebdesign.com/main.php?g2_itemId=8988

The $250 was for Interior and OV. Balcony and Jr. Suite received $450 and the full suites even more. In addition, we received a small refund of port charges and a future cruise credit equal to 25% of the cruise fare paid.

This was the FOS sailing on 11/30/14. Looks like Royal got less generous after our sailing. But with the prices paid for the upcoming holiday cruises, I expect to see big OBC given.

We loved FOTS and hope to sail her again, post-drydock.