Maasdam Lanai Cabins

seatrial

This has probably been adddressed so I apologize if I'm repeating. I was looking at a Canada/New England cruise this summer and I noticed that HAL's website lists lanai cabins for the Maasdam. I thought the lanais were being added to the Maasdam during a later drydock; not during the rather short April 2011 drydock. I suppose it's possible that this is being done. Does anyone know if HAL is still planning to update the soft goods in the other categories? I noticed on the website that all categories other than the lanais show the old cabins without updates. Thanks for any information.

I just went to HAL's site and found the first cruise date that the Lanai Staterooms will be available.

Ship: ms Maasdam

Embark Port: Montreal, Quebec, CA

Disembark Port: Boston, Massachusetts, US

Departure Dates: May 07, 2011, May 21, 2011, Jun 04, 2011, Jun 18, 2011, Jul 02, 2011, Jul 16, 2011, Sep 03, 2011, Sep 17, 2011, Oct 01, 2011

Ports of Call: Montreal, Quebec, CA; Quebec City, Quebec, CA; Cruising Gulf of St. Lawrence; Charlottetown, Prince Edward CA; Sydney,Canada; Halifax, Nova Scotia, CA; Bar Harbor, Maine, US; Boston, Massachusetts, US

Lanai Staterooms are not showing on the Deck Plans yet though...

Joanie

Joanie

Yes and no. If you select a particular itinerary, like May 14, and then click on the Deck Plans tab between the pictures and the table of ports you link to here:

http://www.hollandamerica.com/main/DeckPlans.action?ship=ma_2

Then go to the Lower Promenade deck and look aft of the atrium. :)

Yes the lanais are there and you can book one. I guess I'm wondering if they are adding these cabins during the first drydock in place of updating the other cabins. I am only interested in sailing Maasdam with updated cabins. I thought that they would use stock photos of updated cabins on other ships but instead the website shows only the old Maasdam cabins. How can I find out if all cabin soft goods are being updated like on Veendam, Ryndam, etc?

I was told all the Maasdam cabins are getting new carpets, curtain, and other soft goods at the April dry dock.

Yes the lanais are there and you can book one. I guess I'm wondering if they are adding these cabins during the first drydock in place of updating the other cabins. I am only interested in sailing Maasdam with updated cabins. I thought that they would use stock photos of updated cabins on other ships but instead the website shows only the old Maasdam cabins. How can I find out if all cabin soft goods are being updated like on Veendam, Ryndam, etc?

During our recent cruise on Maasdam (December), we were told the cabins would be updated.

Maasdam is getting Lanai cabins during her APR 2011 dry-dock in Freeport, the Bahamas. Her existing cabins will be upgraded with new soft goods. In addition, her escalator that runs between Main and LP Deck will be removed and replaced by some inside cabins. She'll get Showroom at Sea and the Mix bar concept. For her crew, the OB (Officers Bar) will be relocated and greatly expanded a la an Irish Pub:)

Joanie

You need to look at the right deck plans for the right dates. They have been showing since at least last August.

I should have been more specific in my wording of the deck plans. When I redid the Maasdam this past week I looked at the Printable version of all decks.pdf http://book.hollandamerica.com/pdfs/fleet/next/ma.pdf , which still does not show the Lanai's. Nor do I see them listed on the Lower Promenade Deck 3 here: http://www.hollandamerica.com/main/DeckPlansFull.action?ship=ma&deck=m

The only staterooms showing for Deck 3 are:

Ocean-view Staterooms

Large 2 lower beds convertible to 1 queen-size bed, bathtub, shower. Approximately 174–255 sq. ft.

Room Amenities

• Luxurious beds featuring Sealy® Premium Euro-Top mattresses and finely woven cotton linens
  • Deluxe waffle weave and terry cloth bathrobes for use during your voyage
  • 100% Egyptian cotton towels
  • Premium massage showerheads
  • 5X magnifying make-up mirrors and salon-quality hair dryers
  • Fragrant soaps, lotions, shampoo and other bath amenities from Elemis Aromapure
  • Complimentary fresh fruit on request
  • Elegant ice bucket and serving tray for in-stateroom beverages
  • Flat-panel TV and DVD player
  • Ice service, shoeshine service and nightly turndown service

3D_150X_oceanview.gif Obstructed Ocean-views

Large partial sea view 2 lower beds convertible to 1 queen-size bed, bathtub, shower. All DD-category staterooms have partial sea views. Approximately 174–255 sq. ft.

Room Amenities

• Luxurious beds featuring Sealy® Premium Euro-Top mattresses and finely woven cotton linens
  • Fragrant soaps, lotions, shampoo and other bath amenities from Elemis Aromapure

3D_150X_oceanview.gif

Large fully obstructed view 2 lower beds convertible to 1 queen-size bed, bathtub, shower. All HH-category staterooms have full obstructed views. Approximately 174–255 sq. ft.

Room Amenities

3D_150X_oceanview.gif Interior Staterooms

Large 2 lower beds convertible to 1 queen-size bed and shower. Approximately 141–226 sq. ft.

Room Amenities

I do my best to keep up to date on the changes for the web site, so if ya'll can point me to the correct deck plans URL that show the Lanai's and new staterooms, I'd really appreciate it!!

Joanie

I do my best to keep up to date on the changes for the web site, so if ya'll can point me to the correct deck plans URL that show the Lanai's and new staterooms, I'd really appreciate it!!

Joanie[/b][/color][/size][/font]

The link I gave in post #4 doesn't do it?

Here is the pdf for all decks:

http://book.hollandamerica.com/pdfs/fleet/next/ma_2.pdf

Does anyone know if they will be addressing the a/c problem at this drydock? We're going on the Maasdam March '12 and hope they've got the a/c fixed before that. I hate a hot room!!

I think it will take longer than 2 weeks to fix the A/C problems that so many have reported. A couple CC members are engineers, and posted the great details of what would have to be done to fix the a/c problems and I think one, if not both of them stated it would be a long process.

Joanie

I had not seen the link when I asked. I have it downloaded now and will change the Maasdam info this weekend. THANK YOU!!!

Joanie

Thanks Joanie.

Last weekend we booked the Apr 24th sailing for the Maasdam and NOTHING was posted on HAL's website where the deck plans are located and there's nothing showing lanai as part of the ships inventory for this trip. I had ASK the booking agent on the phone about waiting a mid ship Cat C cabins and was told nothing about lanai cabins or any higher ocean views. When I asked about booking a higher category they told me it would be a balcony.

When you use the website for bookings there is nothing about Lanai cabins for the April 24th sailing. I have a bad feeling about this trip. How can they install lanai cabins between April 8th & 24th????

Now I'm really concerned about my trip. I know there was trouble with the Veendam first cruise after drydock. Last September I took a river cruise and the boat had just come from drydock and there were so many problems that I swore NEVER AGAIN would I take a cruise after a drydock.

Bruce

Archived