Cabin # Assignments

gwydiana

I've booked my cruise, paid the deposit and have my confirmation # and cabin #.

Is there any way to ensure that they don't change my cabin assignment? How does one procure a total "Guarantee" that the cabin I've been assigned stays my cabin?!?

Thanks in advance!

Is there any way to ensure that they don't change my cabin assignment? How does one procure a total "Guarantee" that the cabin I've been assigned stays my cabin?!?

Thanks in advance!

If you booked and paid for an assigned cabin, then you are ok. The only way they can move you is with a call. They would normally call you and ask if you want to be upgraded and its normally with a fee.

Fred

If you booked and paid for an assigned cabin, then you are ok. The only way they can move you is with a call. They would normally call you and ask if you want to be upgraded and its normally with a fee.

Fred

So far I've only paid the deposit. Am I still ok?

Did you book it assigned or guaranteed? If it was an assigned cabin, you are locked in.

Fred

Fred,

Thanks so much for taking the time to help allay my fears. The travel itinerary doesn't state assigned or guaranteed. It just states the cabin # in the emailed itinerary. My travel agent is an "independent contractor" who never answers his phone and the travel agency will not *allow* me to deal with anybody else.

I wonder if calling Carnival direct would be a solution?

~Kathy

Fred,

Thanks so much for taking the time to help allay my fears. The travel itinerary doesn't state assigned or guaranteed. It just states the cabin # in the emailed itinerary. My travel agent is an "independent contractor" who never answers his phone and the travel agency will not *allow* me to deal with anybody else.

I wonder if calling Carnival direct would be a solution?

~Kathy

No problem neighbor, if it shows a cabin #0000 then you are locked into that cabin. Carnival can not help you out at this point since you are using a TA. Thats why I like to deal directly with Carnival and bypass the middleman.

I hope you do have the booking number, it should be listed in your email, you can try calling Carnival and just give them your booking number and ask to ensure that this Cabin # is the one you selected and that its not in guarantee status.

Fred

Thanks in advance!

another option you can do is when your booking your cruise you can and we have asked for a certain room number......that will ensure you , thats the one you will get......

If you would rather take your chances on a guarantee, you may be able to switch your booking to that. Often, assigned cabins on the lowest deck are the same price as a guarantee, which could (emphasis on could) get you a better level of cabin than what you paid for.

You will have to go through the TA to find out. If you are having trouble with the TA, not getting good service, and you are outside the 60-day cancellation penalty window, you can simply cancel your booking and re-book with Carnival or another, more attentive TA.

Archived